View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Wednesday, 29-Nov-2006 10:30
||Email | Share | Bookmark
MOZZARELLA CHEESE BUN & CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
A day when everything didn't come out right.....and for me, that day was yesterday. But alhamdulillah, it wasn't ALL bad and thanks to my lovely present from Edoras, which makes the dissappointment a bit less. Don't know why, I lost my concentration yesterday. Wasn't at all organised. In the morning, could hardly make decision as what to cook for lunch and ended up making just burgers and chips for the kids which turned out to be a good decision after all. Why? Because, we got caught up in a traffic jam from St Andrew's High School going towards Hillview School. Most of the road from Blantyre to Limbe was closed for about half an hour to allow the President's convoy to pass. And luckily, I had packed the burgers and chips in two separate containers, one for Fatin and the other one for Syahmi. Fatin had to eat in the car. After the convoy had passed, we had to move slowly as there were a huge traffic. We reached Syahmi's school 20 minutes late, but Syahmi's fine. He is as friendly and bubbly like me....wakakaka...ada gak tu nak enter frame! So he's never alone. He always has company...
In the evening, thought of baking some bread. I had printed quite a number of bread recipe and really wanted to try one particular recipe but then, there are a few ingredients that wasn't stated the accurate amount. So had to put that recipe in my KIV list until I manage to get the right amount. Moved on to another recipe. Well, this one fluffed up nicely, but maybe I let it rise too long or maybe I left it outside for too long after baking, so it was not so soft on the outside like all the other buns that I had made before. It's all my mistake and maybe not the recipe. Got this recipe from one of the websites. Nevertheless, the taste was not bad....
MOZZARELLA CHEESE BUN
Yields 8 pieces
* 200 g bread flour
* 30 g butter
* 1 1/3 teaspoons dry yeast
* 20 g sugar
* 60 ml fresh milk
* 1 egg
* 1 egg yolk
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
Egg ~ for glazing
- Place all the ingredients marked (*) into the breadmaker. On the breadmaker and let it do the kneading job for you. When it's ready, take out the dough and divide to 8 pieces. Roll into balls and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Dice the cheese, the size according to your liking.
- Take one dough, flatten it, place a piece of cheese on top. Wrap it and roll into a ball.
- Arrange all the dough with the filling in a baking tray (round tray is better), cover with a clean plastic bag. Leave to rise till double the size.
- Using a scissor or a sharp knife, make a slit on top of the dough.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 10 minutes.
How I did mine because I don't have a breadmaker here...
I used cake flour
I used margarine
I used instant yeast
I omit the egg yolk
I did glaze with egg before baking
1. Place flour, yeast, sugar, salt and egg in the mixer bowl. On the mixer.
2. Pour in the fresh milk, little at a time until just well combined.
3. Put in the margarine and continue kneading.
4. Pour in more milk if necessary.
5. Remove dough from the mixer and divide to 7 balls. Round it nicely, arrange on a tray, cover with a clean plastic bag and let it rise.
6. Flatten the dough, place the filling and wrap it.
7. Arrange all the dough with the filling in a baking tray (round tray is better), cover with a clean plastic bag. Leave to rise till double the size.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C till done.
9. Once out of the oven, brush with margarine.
Didn't want to give up, I tried another recipe. This time a brownies recipe I got from somewhere. Forgotten where I got it from....age is catching up on me huh! Again, I think I am out of luck, the taste was all right but the look is not so encouraging...*sigh* It's my fault and not the recipe....I hope...Anyway, thank you to the owner of the recipe, whoever you may be...
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
For the cheesecake mixture
225g full fat cream cheese (I used homemade cream cheese)
50 g castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the brownie mixture
115 g dark bittersweet chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids (I used ordinary cooking chocolate)
115 g unsalted butter (I used margarine)
150 g light muscovado sugar (I used brown sugar)
2 eggs ~ beaten
50 g flour (I used cake flour)
1. Preheat oven to 160 C
2. For the cheesecake mixture : Beat egg till fluffy, add in cream cheese, castor sugar and vanilla. Beat till well mixed. Set aside.
3. For the brownie mixture : Melt butter and chocolate using 'double boil' method or you can use the microwave. Stir well to mix. Add sugar and stir. Pour in the beaten egg, a bit at a time and continue stirring till well mixed. Finally add in the flour and mix well.
4. Line a cake tin (20cm/8 inches) with greaseproof paper. Pour 2/3 of the brownie mixture. Level it. Then pour the whole of the cheesecake mixture on top. Finally, cover it with the other 1/3 of the brownie mixture.
5. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or till the middle is done. (I think I baked for about 40 - 45 minutes)
6. Leave to cool before cutting.
Still not wanting to give up, I brave myself and made one recipe of cupcakes, but the usual recipe. And alhamdulillah it turned out good. Fatin had wanted these cupcakes to bring to school for her mountain climbing party. Made these yesterday night and iced them this morning at 5.30 am. What do you think....not bad huh?
|MamaFaMi to Edoras....
Thanks to your pizza photos, budak-budak ni mintak pizza for today's lunch...wakakakaka...mengancam betul Uncle Edoras ni punya gambar pizza...kata Fatin....
|1. yangmazni>> Selamat mencuba buat roti sendiri ye....
2. Yani Cologne>> Memang roti buat sendiri lebih sedap Yani especially bila baru keluar dari oven, makan panas-panas, best betul! Eh, adalah lagu kat fp mama.....
3. Nabialishad>> Itulah kan, pandai camera ku mempermainkan matamu itewww...wakakaka...roti tu memang naik tapi ntah eh...tak menepati mutu piawai mama...wakakaka....
4. aunidayini>> Next time, balik meeting, pi singgah cafe dulu, pekena secawan dua kopi teh, pas tu baru log in my page..
5. rossya>> Tak tahulah kak, tapi semuanya except the cupcakes, tidak menepati mutu piawai kita...
6. KNizam>> Asyik ke Secret Recipe je KNizam ni...kayalah Secret Recipe tu...hehehe...
7. Sabrina>> Entahlah Sab, pada mama, semuanya yang mama buat tu tak jadilah....tak best...tak tahu mana silap mama.
8. nina>> Check your pm ye...Good luck! Macam mana dengan roti yang dulu-dulu tu...okay tak?
9. hellikonia>> Hang ni Helli, kalau guna perkataan...mesti buat mama nak tergelak je la...merening...wakakaka.... Hmm, biar tak de rupa asal ada rasa ye dak? Kalau tak de rasa, mau hazab gak nak bagi perabis! Nak buang, membazir!
10. muni>> Kat sini, cheese pun mahal. Kalau yang Philadelphia tu, 250g mahu RM25! Tu yang substitute guna homemade cheese dari kawan, murah sket...
11. Tyha>> Mama baru buat piza semalam. Guna base Donut Suria. Within one hour dah boleh makan! Menepati rasa ke Nasi biryani tu?
12. Ida email@example.com>> Ha ah, anak dara kita sama je nama pangkalnya, tapi hujung berlainan. Mine, Fatin Nabilah. Tapi my Fatin ni, dia lebih suka computer rather than kat dapur.
13. anna>> Annaaa...the way Anna describe tu...membuatkan mama teringin nak celup bun dalam air milo la! Wakakaka!
14. mcmed>> Bak kata Hellikonia....merening! Silau dak? Pi pakai spec hitam na....
15. nic>> Still, kalau bagi grading SPM, it will only get P7.
16. kuzi>> Look can be deceiving!
17. Lily firstname.lastname@example.org>> Sib baik mama tak mark paper, kalau tak susah gak nak bagi markah kat orang. Kalau sendiri punya, senang la nak bagi....hehehe....
18. Shukri sfawani email@example.com>> Mmmmm....
19. Tina>> Practise makes perfect, tapi ni masih jauh dari perfect, harus practise dan terus practise.....Nanti Tina buatla, leh bawak gi picnic lagi, kat tempat cantik tuuuuu.....
20. leezsa firstname.lastname@example.org>> Memang senang je buat dia Leezsa...godak godak je...
21. Mademoiselle Ayu>> Semua orang asik sebut Secret Recipe je, sedap sangat ke Ayu tempat tu?
22. POLINI'S PHOTOGRAPHY>> Thanks....
23. dilla>> Hope yours will turn out good ya...all the best!
24. zfad>> Sesamalah kita merindui makanan Malaysia ye.....
25. yusoff+yana=azhad>> Hihihi...Yana ni biar betullll...tak kan every day kot...sabor je la!
26. nazorro77 email@example.com>> It's always a pleasure to share the little knowledge I have with others and it's a great feeling to know that the family actually enjoyed what's being served to them, cooked by their own family members....masyaAllah....Got both your message and I've replied. Thanks and good luck!
27. nazorro77 firstname.lastname@example.org>> Considered done!
28. Amy Search>>
29. nursalam email@example.com>> Kan udah di bagi tu...
30. Aieenn firstname.lastname@example.org>> Alamak dik oi, janganlah pengsan...nanti panik orang keliling!
31. Siti Khuzaimah email@example.com>> All the best...
32. abadi firstname.lastname@example.org>> Maaf ya, mama tak tahu macam mana nak buat homemade cream cheese, that's why beli saja....