View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Saturday, 4-Nov-2006 22:22
||Email | Share | Bookmark
VIENNESE FINGERS (Sis Rossya)
Late..... Yesterday, I went on a date with Miss Iron for a good couple of hours. Was really tired after that, I fell asleep on the couch, which, in the first place was meant to just have a few minutes rest and stretching my back. Not only I had my back stretched but also my eyelids stretched and shut tight! Hahaha! Woke up at 3 am to pray my Isyaa namaaz and sat infront of the pc, meaning to browse a few pages then shut it down. But then, got carried away till 3.45 am. Thought of continuing to sleep while waiting for Fajr Namaaz. But when I checked the Prayer Time at Islamic Finder, Fajr is at 3.47 am today. So, I waited a little longer, shut down the pc, and prayed my Fajr Namaaz. Then off to bed. Woke up at 6 am to prepare hubby's breakfast before he heads for the club. Then head for the bed, AGAIN. It's Saturday after all and I need a break...pandai la tu bagi alasannn...kata je la..malas...hehehe
What makes me woke up late was because I had a dream. I dreamt, I went to KFC. Ordered 4 snack plates and chicken nuggets. Then I was bargaining with the guy at the counter because he's charging me USD5 for a Cornetto Icecream! It's so ridiculous! But the again, what is Cornettto Icecream doing at KFC?!!!! I didn't want to wake up because then, I won't get what I've ordered!!!! Hahaha...mama is so foolish today eh....
Anyway, let's leave the dream story behind and carry on with life...The recipe that I wish to share with you today is another cookie recipe that I've tried baking for Eid. Got the recipe from Sis Rossya's Fotopages, that's well known for her delicious and mouth watering food spread photos and not to forget, her lovely house as well!!! Thank you Sis Rossya for sharing the VIENNESE FINGERS recipe with us. Fatin loves them.....
VIENNESE FINGERS (Sis Rossya)
225 g soft butter
60 g icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg ~ slightly beaten
300 g flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Chopped nuts of your choice for decoration (I used macadamia nuts)
1. Sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar. Add in vanilla and egg.
3. Add in the sifted ingredients, a little at a time till a soft dough is formed. Just use as much flour needed.
4. Place the dough in a piping bag with a big star nozzle and pipe the dough (finger shape) onto a tray layered with grease proof paper.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C till done. About 15 - 20 minutes.
6. Leave the cookies to cool. Then dip the end with melted mohrenglanz chocolate and sprinkle with some chopped nuts.
1. According to Sis Rossya, Mohrenglanz chocolate is a high quality cooking chocolate.
2. I don't have Mohrenglanz chocolate, so I just use my ordinary cooking chocolate.
|1. zakiah zainudin firstname.lastname@example.org>> Projek kuih ni mama buat soon after raya hari tu sebab nak kena siapkan second batch punya plates. Seronok memang kalau dapat gi jenjalan ni...Mama ni kan, rasanya sampai termimpi KFC tu lepas terbaca what you wrote in your page la. Sini tarak KFC la...yang ada Nandos je...
2. maR>> Eee Mar kat Mesia lagi ke...bestnya bestnya bestnya!!!!! Mama pulak dah 6 tahun tak beraya di Malaysia...so kita lebih kurang sama ler kannn...Aiyoo nak tunggu Tia besaq, bila kala nak baliknya tuuu....besaq tu...umor berapa? Hehehe....
3. dilaOHdila>> Semua orang patut ikut cam dilaOHdila ni...masuk fp mama leh kenyang! Sebab mostly kata, masuk fp mama terus lapaq!
4. Phalinn>> Eee tok sahlah mimpi KFC Phalinn...nanti asyik dok terkenang je! Siksa oo....According to Puan Zakiah, KFC kalau dimakan selalu sangat akan memudaratkan...wallahu'alam.
5. KNizam>> Yumm yummm...
6. Tyha>> Buat kuih second round sebab tak cukup untuk buat plates tu. Kalau dah cukup, rasanya tak buat jugak kot...
7. Ida>> Kalau mimpi makan rendang tok or lapis sarawak tak pe, itu semua mama leh masak sendiri. Tapi KFC, mana nak cari dik oi... memang kes naya ni....
8. muni>> Hihihi...GM Kfc or Cornetto got no time to read my pagelah Muni . Alah...dah biasa makan masakan sendiri, dah tak rasa ke'kick'annya!
9. EDORAS>> Hmm...cam mana rasa dia? Ok tak? Cukup garam gulanya?
10. yusoff+yana=azhad>> Yana...10 hinggit tak pe, kalau betul pinggan tu leh kuar dari mimpi! I am more than willing to pay...hehehe...
11. dolly>> Zikomo kwambiri mummy....
12. rossya>> Laaa ye ke...patutlah budak tu tak nak barge pun...rupanya kita kena bayar USD5 tu untuk akak dan anak-anak kita eh...USD5 for 3 cornettos...kalau macam tu, okaylah tu...nanti lah malam ni nak mimpi lagi, nak say sorry for arguing! Tapi akak pun satu gak...apesal makan senyap senyap je, tak ajak kita sekali..kan best kalau kita dapat sembang sembang dan makan makan...hehehe...keep on dreaming ya......
13. kuchai>> Power mimpi mama tu...bila cerita dengan Fatin, dia kata...ee ma...you can even remember what you ordered?! Geleng kepala kawan tuh!
14 & 15. Mademoiselle Ayu>> They are indeed! Hah..lapor ler tu kang....hehehe
16. Kak Leen>> Ha ah la Leen....mak dah nyanyok la nyah oi...lupa kan weekend...hihi..sorry. Abis tu, cik abe mu kursus, Leen dan anak-anak buat apa eh? Merayau kat shopping complex ke? Best tuh!