View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Friday, 1-Sep-2006 09:09
||Email | Share | Bookmark
PAELLA (SPANISH RICE)
Paella (Spanish Rice)
Mama didn't update her page yesterday? Why? Because mama is on Merdeka Holiday just like you people in Malaysia....hahaha...just kidding! Didn't get the chance to do any updates because Syahmi wanted to use the computer. And since next week, school is starting again (errrr I hate the hustle bustle in the morning....hahaha....naik lemak le pulak dah dua bulan cuti!), so I just let him use it....
Yesterday afternoon, hubby had this very very simple menu for lunch......
You know what, MamaFaMi's worst nightmare is to clean fish! I hate cleaning fish but love eating them...Ask me to sweep the flour, I'll do it smilingly, ask me to mop the house, I'll do it happily, ask me to iron the clothes, I'll do it willingly, but ask me to clean the fish...oh please do have mercy!!!!! And yesterday, when I was cleaning the fish, I remembered one of Kak Rossya's entry about how she wanted to teach Lisya, her darling 10 year old daughter to clean the fish, but Lisya can't do it and will end up throwing up! How I wish I can be Lisya.....so that I can say...mummy, I can't do it...and mummy will take over the job for me! Hahaha....Anyway, all those 'tortures' that I have to go through is worth each and every second of it...My hubby really enjoyed the fish very much and to see him keep on scooping rice into the plate and polishing the whole plate of fish is such a blessing!
And yesterday, I was 'stuck' infront of the pc, half the morning, that I 'didn't have time' to have breakfast. Thought of trying Kak Liza's Mi Ladna for brunch, but then, how can you call it brunch when it was almost noon! Hahaha! Instead, I tried a rice recipe from Spice & Splendour cookbook by The Muslim Ladies Committe Malawi. It was lovely and was something like Nando's Spicy Rice, the recipe that I've been looking for and all these while was just in MY book...note to myself : Must start trusting my cookbook!!!! Cooked just 3/4 cup rice and polished by me and Fatin at one go!
PAELLA (SPANISH RICE)
500 g Basmati rice
2 chicken fillets ~ cubed
200 g fillet steak ~ cubed
200 g prawns ~ shelled, deveined and washed
1 each green and red pepper ~ diced
1 teaspoon green chillies ~ crushed
100 g green onions ~ finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon tumeric
1/4 teaspoon saffron
2 cubes chicken stock or homemade stock
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon garlic ~ crushed
1 cup oil
100 g parsley ~ finely chopped
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Cook the rice with tumeric, saffron, chicken stock, 1/2 cup oil and salt to taste. Once done, leave aside.
2. Fry individually the steak and chicken cubes with the salt, pepper, green chillies and garlic.
3. Stir-fry the peppers in a tablespoon of oil.
4. Similarly fry the prawns in 2 tablespoons oil with the lemon juice.
5. To the cooked rice, add the stir-fried chicken, steak, prawns, peppers and toss lightly.
6. Decorate with chopped green onions and parsley. Serve hot.
1. I didn't cube the chicken and steak, but sliced it.
2. Didn't put any prawns.
3. Green and red pepper = green and red capsicum
4. Green chillie, I think cili padi
5. Green onions, not sure????
6. Didn't put saffron because I don't have any. Naseem said, it's for color and flavour as well.
7. Psst...I used cube chicken stock..hihihi
8. Didn't put parsley, not available in the house.
9. To give an extra tangy hot taste, I ate this Paella with Nando's sauce..yummy!
Tips from Bro Azli
|....about cooking paela but the best way is to fry the meat first, then add the rice and the chicken broth. As it is about to cook, add the seafood coz we all know that overcooked seafood never taste good. Daun pandan helps for the aroma. Saffron (the most expensive spice) is the stigma of the flower. What it does is gives that strong yellow color and the wonderful aroma....|
Made another experiment yesterday night...report coming soon next change...
|1. hanieliza>> Memang sedap kak, kalau tak, takkan habis seperiuk!
2. nabialishad>> Ha ah mama makan gitu je, tapi tambah sos Nandos, bagi kick lagi..pedas dan masam! Guna beras Basmati ni insyaAllah nasi cantik...
3. nabialishad>> Nak tak nak...kenalah redah jugak!
4. kakyong>> Mama pun tak boh saffron sebab tak de. Saffron kalau kat Malaysia, boleh cari di kedai-kedai India, biasanya diorang ada jual.
5. rossya>> Ola!!! Memang mahal saffron ni...tu sebab mama tak de stok...hihii...Kita tak boh udang sebab dah plan hari ni nak masak udang pulak!
6. eddycute>> Surprise...surprise!! Actually it's not only us in Malawi. There's another couple and also two gentlemen without family here. Am happy to know that someone from Cape Town actually visit my page. Cape Town is such a beautiful place. Went there once in December. Are you with Engen? Oh..susah ke nak cari bahan di sana..I thought it's easier than Malawi. Whenever we fly to South, WE REALLY ENJOYED eating out at Ocean Basket....Anyway, thanks for spending some time to go through my page ya...Senang, senang, singgahlah lagi.....
7. Tyha>> Oh ala shiannya....pasta eh...nanti kalau ada mama tepek eh....shiannnn Tyha...
8. Sabrina>> Ha ah, gitu je, tapi kalau nak makan dengan salad ok kot...hari tu mama dah kebuluran, tu yang belasah gitu je, with sos Nandos. Seronoklah Sab, cik abang willing nak ke pasar and tolong siang ikan....Mama ni sebab dah lama tak siang ikan, hari tu siang, kepala ni dok fikir, nanti ikan tu hidup balik, menggelitik kat tangan mama..eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee p/s : InsyaAllah bila dah sampai masanya, adalah tu.....amin....
9. RK>> Hihihii.....
10. jaja>> Jaja...yang susu tepung tu kan, any susu tepung will do tau. Not a special kind of susu tepung, full cream milk powder pun ok. InsyaAllah it'll turn out good. Have confidence in yourself...JAJA BOLEH! Jaja ada kawan di Sri Lanka, Malaysian ke? Sri Lanka pun best kalau gi tau....
11. org uk>> Waalaikum salam org uk. Terima kasihlah kerana sudi mencuba resipi ni. Dan mama gembira kerana mendapat kelulusan mutu dari hubby dan anak-anak org uk.
12. Steve Troy>> Enjoy your supper Steve...
13. cuyus>> Fuyoo...dasat mama, sampai situ leh bau..ntah-ntah orang sebelah masak tak yus?
14. ~F&Z~>> Kita cilok dari dalam buku...
15. Mademoiselle Ayu>> Tq Ayu...lega sket rasanya, orang tak ketawakan cupcakes kita...
17. che sakura>> Not like nasi briyani, tapi nasi kunyit...tapi kalau ada boh saffron tu, mesti lagi kaw kaw rasanya. Mama dah jengok dah mee kari che sakura...nampak sedap...
18. nurainil>> Bila ada masa tu, barulah boleh cuba ye...
19. mummy jam>> Ha ah mummy, mahal...sini pun lagi brutal agaknya. Tapi my friend ada cakap nak bagi sket...so, might try again to taste the difference...
20. bnurushd>> Tu la kan, dah biasa dengan nasi briyani, nasi lain dah tak mau...tapi mama ni, semua pun suka...
21. jaja>> Jangan putus asa ye Jaja, nanti cuba lagi. Mungkin Jaja uli tangan tak lama ke? Kalau dengan tangan, kena 25 - 30 minutes uli. Tu sebab mama tak uli dengan tangan, MALAS. Sebenarnya mama baru je buat petang tadi...naik tak hingat roti tu. After lilit tu, kena tengok cuaca juga. For me, I left it for quite a while, mama tunggu sampai dia naik double the size again. Tak pe, insyaAllah, kalau tak de apa aral melintang, esok mama buat lagi separuh adunan dan ambil gambar step by step for your reference ya Jaja sebab mama tak mau Jaja putus asa...mama nak Jaja cuba sampai berjaya, insyaAllah. By the way, kalau hand mixer, janganlah dibawa menguli ye, takut patah pulak nanti...sayang je....
22. Azli Jamil>> Thanks bro for sharing the tips and information with us. I've pasted it in the entry for others to refer as well. Visited your flickr as well, and WOW... the photos are just so stunning, so colorful, so sharp!
23. kuchai>> Pan apa Kuchai...mama guna kuali biasa je. Hang bagi excuse tak mau buat ehhhhhh....hehehe....