View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Wednesday, 26-Apr-2006 02:26
||Email | Share | Bookmark
Out of the oven
I have problem deciding which one to put in this entry today. Today I tried two new stuff. Actually wanted to make another 2 stuffs but I am just so tired plus sleepy. Slept very late yesterday night and today, had to wake up very early because the kids started schooling again, the third term. Oooooohhhh how I drag myself out of bed!
Anyway, I think, for today's entry, I'll paste the Apple Muffins. I made these at 5.30 this morning for the kids break box. Yeah yeah yeah...when school reopens, that's my main concern every morning...what to chuck in the kids break boxes! I followed Kak Liza's recipe from her fotopage which I believe, was inspired by Zack's Apple Strudel Muffins. See, how one's recipe can just jump from one fotopage to another...that's what we call sharing...and sharing is caring....
APPLE STRUDEL MUFFINS
300 g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
a pinch of salt
190 g granny smith apples,diced
2 tablespoons raisins
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
115 g butter ( or margarine )
100 g white sugar
100 g brown sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
1. Cream butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Then add in the vanilla essence.
2. In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt.
3. Then add the diced apples. TIPS: To make muffins that have fruits in it, make sure you add the diced/sliced fruits into the dry ingredients and mix it well until all the fruits are covered in flour. This will make sure the fruits are distributed evenly in the muffins when baked.
4. Make a well in the bowl containing the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Fold as gently,quickly and as even as possible. TIPS: In order to make great fluffy muffins, DON'T OVERMIX your dry ingredients and your wet ingredients. After both are mixed, the batter should be lumpy and NOT RUNNY
5. Scoop the mixture into the muffin tray lined with muffin cups.
6. Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degress C for 20-25 minutes. Once baked take out from muffin pan as soon as possible, and leave to cool on wire rack. This is to avoid the muffins from getting soggy when cooled.
Recipe yeilds 12-14 big muffins
1. I omit the raisins.
2. Didn't decorate with toppings like Kak Liza's or Zack's, but I just sprinkled on top with orange cinnamon sprinkle that I just bought from Johannesburg.
3. The above method are copied and pasted from Zack's webpage. Thanks Zack!
|mate>>Memang seronok. Tak panas la, nyaman je...
fadzliali>>Cuma mata nak kena lebih awas la, kalau tak susah nampak binatang sebab mereka sembunyi dalam semak
<- Jeff®i @ FM0666 ->>>
~~Lagi thrill la bro...
~~Masa masuk kat park di Malawi ni, lagi best, jarak antara kami dengan sekawan zirafah, about 150m aje...tapi masa tu, tak bawak kamera le pulak...rugiiii rugiiii....
~~Buaya tak nampakle pulak..
suhaimi>>Lom le terdesak lagi rasanya nak guna daging zebra dan daging gajah!
Ouled Kenitra>>Melatah rupanya awak ni ye.......
hey,its intan.y!@AdanPhotography>>Dia dah pakai pajama, dia berdisco la!
mcmed>>Melepas tengok lion pasal dah terlambat start the tour! Tapi masa pergi South Africa dulu, dah pergi dah Lion Park dia...so puas dahlah tengok Lion King...hehehehe
mummy jam>>Eee teringin gak nak experience macam tu! Hmm...kalau ler dapat gi Kruger Park...tentu thrill....
aZeeMaH>>Laaa...awat leh kantoii....haaa tak study eh?
korok>>Selera ke nak makan?
mummy hamim2>>Lor...biar betul!!!!
Penyulawa>>Terima kasih sudi berkongsi idea untuk inti...nantilah mama cuba ye.....