View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Sunday, 2-Apr-2006 12:12
||Email | Share | Bookmark
NASI DAGING (STEAK RICE)
Like I said, when I on the pc, one of the must-visit webpage is Kak Liza's. Her webpage helps me plan for the day's menu! Thanks Kak Liza! And the day she posted her Nasi Daging (Steak Rice) recipe, last Friday if I am not mistaken, that was one of my menu for that day as well. It was lovely and much enjoyed by ME! I made just a bit because my kids and hubby do not fancy other kinds of rice besides plain white rice and coconut rice. But me........ everything goes! Jeff's properity theorem applied! Hahaha !
NASI DAGING (Steak rice)
1 kg lean beef fillet ~ slice about 4 inches and boil with ginger till tender
6 cups basmathi rice ~ wash and drained
8 cups beef stock
1 cup evaporated milk
3 tablespoons ghee
1 tin tomato soup (or 500g chopped tomatoes)
3 tablespoons kurma powder add with a bit of water to form paste
2 tablespoons raisins
5 pandan leaves ~ tie into knots
salt and sugar to taste
To saute :
2 inch cinnamon stick
2 star anise (bunga lawang)
5 cloves (cengkih)
3 cardamons (buah pelaga)
2 onions ~ sliced thinly or pounded
3 garlics ~ sliced thinly or pounded
1 inch fresh ginger ~ sliced thinly or pounded
1. Heat ghee in the rice cooker on the stove.
2. Add in the saute ingredients.
3. Add in the kurma paste and stir till fragrant.
4. Add in the beef stock, tomato soup, evaporated milk and beef fillet. Let it boil.
5. Add in the pandan leaves, salt, sugar, raisins and rice.
6. Remove the pot and place into the rice cooker and switch it on. Let the rice cook.
7. Serve with Vegetable Dalcha.
1. I used topside steak.
2. I didn't use basmathi.
3. I used fresh milk instead of evaporated milk.
4. Not ghee but margarine and oil.
5. No tomato soup, so fresh chopped tomatoes was used.
6. Forgot to put in the pandan leaves. Anyway, that's just for the smell.
7. I omitted the sugar.
8. I didn't cook vegetable dalcha but just ate it with my leftover sambal.
Hubby wanted to bring us to Zomba Mountain, just for a ride and to have lunch up there. But the kids refused. And what's more, Syahmi's still on medication. I was just hoping that I could snap some beautiful sceneries up the mountain...but I guess, that'll have to wait. Maybe some other days.....or maybe not......
|YangMazni>>Terima kasih mama ucapkan di atas kesudian Yang mencuba resipi yang mama tepek. Dengan kadar segera pulak tu....terharu gitu...arigatou gonzaimashita...hehehe....nak gek try cakap Jepang ni.....Jangan lupa tepek gambar dan resipi di fp Yang ye.....
gerimisalji>>Cubala ye...tak susah mana pun....
hanieliza aka kakliza>>Kak Liza my dear, tak yahlah akak gi kejor turkey tu, nanti letih le plak...kita pun pakai daging je...ayam pun orait gak cam YangMazni buat....janji ada inti okaylah! By the way, tak jadi goreng mihun untuk sarapan...instead makan roti cicah sup daging...slurrrpppssss.....