View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Monday, 27-Mar-2006 20:40
||Email | Share | Bookmark
SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE
Chocolate Rice Muffin
Mama...what have you been doing today??....Oooooo mama was very very busy since morning! Experimenting and experimenting....just to make up for yesterday's 'lost'...hehehe...But actually, yesterday wasn't wasted as well...I achieved something remember....hehehe...
Well, I started in the kitchen as early as 5am today. Made some muffins for the kids' breakboxes. This time, instead of just plain brown chocolate rice, I added some colored chocolate rice as well...just to make it look more interesting...and I must say...my teory works huh!
Then, after the house is finally just to myself, I tried baking Sour Cream Coffee Cake, the recipe that Sis Fazi has kindly pasted on her fotopages. She got the recipe from Joy of Baking website. The cake is so yummy... Thanks Sis Fazi...
Coffee Cake Recipe
2 cups (200g) sifted cake flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons (140g) unsalted butter ~ room temperature
1 cup (200g) granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup sour cream
Cinnamon Nut Filling and Topping
1/4 cup (50g) light brown sugar
3/4 cup (75g) toasted and chopped pecans
1/3 cup (50g) mini chocolate chips
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
==>> In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar pecan, chocolate chips, ground cinnamon and flour. To toast nuts, place in a 350 F (180 C) oven for 8 - 10 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned. Let cool and then coarsely chop.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) and place rack in centre of oven. Butter and flour a 9 in (23 cm) springform pan and line the bottom of the pan with a circle of parchment paper.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In bowl of electric mixer, with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until softened (about 1 minute).
4. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy (about 3 - 4 minutes).
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Beat in the vanilla extract.
7. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture (in three additions) and sour cream (in two additions) alternately, starting and ending with the flour. Mix only until combined.
8. Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with an offset spatula. Sprinkle about half of the nut topping on top of the batter. Cover with the remaining batter and then sprinkle with the remaining nut topping.
9. Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
10. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before releasing the sides of the pan.
11. Serve warm or at room temperature with softly whipped cream
1. I lessen the white sugar to 190g and I didn't use butter but just margarine.
2. I used vanilla essence.
3. Instead of sour cream, I used natural yogurt.
4. Since pecans are not available in my pantry, so I used hazelnuts.
5. Reduce the amount of chocolate chips and nuts used ==> Stingy Theory applied!!! Hahaha....
6. Didn't use my mixer to bake the cake ==> Laziness Theory applied! Lazy to wash the mixer afterwards! This was how I did it...
a. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt 3 times and set aside
b. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffly. Add in eggs one at a time. Add in vanilla essence.
c. Fold in flour (in 3 additions) and sour cream (in 2 additions)
d. From step 8 onwards, I followed as above
I will be reporting my other experimens in my coming entries...will keep that for my 'dry days' like bro Jeff put it huh......
|Jeff®i @ FM0666>>Ha ah you...senyum memanjang sampaikan my son tanya..."Ma...what's wrong with you?" Hahaha...Thanks bro!
~F&Z~>>Thank you thank you....and a BIG THANK YOU to you for discovering this recipe for us!
Rina Khan>>Alahai...chiannya dia...
~~Mama prefer cake gula hangus to chocolate cakes ni...tapi nak wat kek gula hangus...tak kuasa pulak...
~~Sedapkan lagu Lion King mama..hehehe....Suka banget dapat boh lagu kat fp!
wmdhafidz@FM5882>>Kek impian mu itu menggerunkan lah Hafidz...
aishifu>>Kalau takat 'gila' je yang sedap tak pe...hehehe.....
Steve Troy>>Oh...a chocoholic eh?
MaR>> POooooohhhh pooohhhhhh...dah...mama dah tiup dah angin M tu biar dia pi jejauh sket...
hanieliza aka kakliza>>
~~ I lap U too....lap bersih-bersih lagi sampai memancor mancor kilatnya....hehehe.....
~~ Alahai, mana plak gambar kek ku ni menyorok ye?
zack>>Alamak, cam mana leh tok guru tak nampak kek anak murid nih? Abis cam mana nak dapat grading nih? Tapi malam ni bila mama tengok pun, dah tak timbul. Agaknya fotopages tengah
update sistem kot?
alynnsaripuddin>>Oh, Alynn nak ikut gak eh...ok boleh...sebab shuttle Charlie yang terbang tu, boleh bawak dua orang penumpang je kan...hehehe...
dilla>>Jangan segan bertanya Dilla...malu bertanya sesat jalan kata orang....insyaAllah mana yang boleh dijawab, mama jawab, tak pun, ramai yang sudi nak tolong jawab. Yang pasal inti tu,
macam mana boleh terkeluar ye? Tak de, cam ni, try basikan bahagian untuk tutup tu lebih sikit so that boleh cover filling tu elok-elok. Tak pe, jangan putus asa kay...terus mencuba...insyaAllah berjaya nanti....
~~Yeay yeay...Med ku muncul kembali....
~~Tak pe Med...print dulu je pun tak pe...at least sok, bila dah tiba seru, dah ada benda yang nak dirujuk kan kan kan....