View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Sunday, 26-Mar-2006 17:17
||Email | Share | Bookmark
ZACK'S CHOCOLATE CAKE
When my Shabana's Chocolate Cake didn't come out nice on my second trial, Zack tried to comfort me, and suggested that I try her chocolate cake recipe. And I did. Thanks Zack for everything....
Well, I find the cake is too rich for me as I am not a chocolatey kind of person. It looks more like brownies and quite crumbly on top. But to chocolate lovers, you may love it very much. The amount of cocoa powder used in this cake is quite a lot and while doing it that day....ish...I said to myself...while I am here, maybe I might do this cake again ONLY IF I had the chance to visit Charlie at his chocolate factory! And if he allows me to bring home as much chocolate as I wish. Hahaha ... such imagination!!!! Anway, here's the recipe if you care to give it a go....
ZACK CHOCOLATE CAKE
150g cocoa powder
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon bicabornate soda
5 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice
250ml strong coffee
1. Sift together all the dry ingredients : flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt.
2. Stir in sugar.
3. Combine eggs and vanilla essence in a different bowl.
4. Mix in the eggs into the dry ingredients.
5. In another bowl, add milk and lemon juice (this is actually to substitute buttermilk). Let the mixture be a little thick.
6. Melt the butter.
7. Add in milk, melted butter and coffee to the dry ingredients.
8. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 celcius in a two 9 inch (23cm) cake tins for about 50 minutes or so.
1. The amount of sugar is a bit too much. I lessen the amount of sugar used.
2. Eggs must be at room temperature.
3. To substitute for buttermilk : add lemon juice to milk and let it become thick.
4. Strong coffee : can also mix Nescafe with water
5. I made half the recipe. So I used only one 9 inches round cake tin.
Today...I guess I got up on the RIGHT side of the bed...hahaha...everything is just in my favour! Alhamdulillah! For lunch, hubby said, lets go buy at Nandos. YAHOO ! We ordered the same set..and it's always been like that. That's why if there's anybody who knows the recipe for Nandos Strips and Rice, please give it to me to try because I just love that rice very much...it's like I am addicted to it! Gosh !
And this evening...I manage to put background music to my fotopage. I have two helpful friends to thank to. Thank you McMed and thank you Jeffri . Your help are much much appreciated. You guys made my day! Thank you.....
|Jeff®i @ FM0666>>
~~Kalau tak sampai hati nak makan, kena tutup mata dan makan...jadi tak nampak ler kaler kaler dia...
~~Ni plak, harga minyak dah naik....agaknya lagilah teruk ye? Tapi mahal ke tak mahal ke, tetap juga ku beli nasi lemak kukus Ujong Pasir tu...sedap oo!
maR>>Sabor Mar sabor...hehehe...janganlah pelik, kalau apa yang muncul kat fp Kak Liza, akan menyusul di fp mama...sebab fp Kak Liza tu kan ke bahan rujukan mama....hehehe...cari idea gituuu....kenkadang, kalau dia tak update, siap mama sms tanya dia masak apa hari ni...sabor je la....
~~Ayah Ayu pandai masak nasi lemak eh...kasi tepeklah kat fp. Hari tu dah menggoncang jiwa raga rakyat jelata dengan cendol Ayu...
~~Wah...A+++++...ini best student pun tak leh dapat sampai banyak plus plus tuuuu....hehehe.... Actually mama still tak satisfiedlah. Mama suka tengok Shida punya yang kaler striking tu....but then, mana boleh lawan tok guru, ye dak...
~~Ala chiannya dia kecur tengok sambal udang eh...nanti balik masak sendiri eh...hehehe...
~~Ha ah, mama dah bagi step by step tu, nak suruh McMed buatlah...biar suka hati mak tu...ehem ehem....
shidaaziz>>Mama buat sekali lagi tu pasal nak tolong Kak Liza. Mama selalu nyusahkan Kak Liza, so sesekali dia mintak tolong, kenalah mama tolong plak...hehehe..tapi betul ke cara mama buat tu? Nanti salah, kena rotan plak dengan mak guru ! hihihii....