View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Wednesday, 8-Mar-2006 09:59
||Email | Share | Bookmark
ANOTHER VERSION OF SHEPHERD PIE AND CARAMEL PUDING
My tray...my treasure!
Fried Rice Noodles
Morning to all...maybe evening in Malaysia then...for this entry, I'm just going to paste 2 recipes, given to me by friends. Shabnam emailed me her Shepherd Pie recipe and Azli put his version of Caramel Puding in his comment...Thanks to both of you for sharing your version of both recipes....And thanks Dolly for asking Shabnam to email me the recipe...that was fast!!!!
SHABNAM'S SHEPHERD PIE
1/2kg- 1kg Chicken mince/ lamb mince/ goat mince/beef mince (whichever you prefer)
Onion (chopped cubed)
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
Chilli powder to taste
1/2 teaspoon Jeera powder
1 teaspoon dhania powder
1/2 teaspoon gharam masala
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
Tomatoes grinded/grated or you can use bottle pasta sauces
Vegetables if you wish (I usually put mushrooms, sweetcorn and sliced red and green pepper)
1. Saute the onions till light brown...add your powders along with garlic ginger.
2. Add your mince and cook little then add tomatoes that you have grinded.
3. Add your salt and leave to cook well.
4. Add mushrooms, sliced pepper, sweetcorn and any other vegetable if you wish..doesnt usually take long...
5. If you want the mince to be slightly runny add bisto gravy powder to as little water and pour in the mince. Or you can serve this seperately to pour when serving the pie.
6. Boil potatoes...peel skin and mash with butter/margarine, little salt, 1/4tsp baking powder to make the mixture fluffy and little milk.
7. Layer the mince in a pyrex dish and top with the potato that you have mashed. Use a fork to spread firmly. On top of this layer sprinkle cheese and if you wish slice a tomato and put on top.
8. Bake in oven till cheese lightly browns and serve with vegetables, gravy and salad.
1. Jeera powder = Cummin powder
2. Dhania powder = Corriander powder
3. Garam masala = Cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, cardamons and cumin seeds ground together.
CARAMEL PUDING (by Azli Jamil)
I can of Condensed milk
I can of evaporated milk
zest of lime
(Forgot about the exact measurement. Saw it on Discovery travel). Don't think should put water. I think the lime zest adds a little zing to the recipe and there's nothing like real vanilla you can taste with every bite, aye?
[Note : I haven't experimented both the recipes okay]
For breakfast this morning, we had Fried Rice Noodles....for lunch....NO IDEA!!!!! Huhuhu....
And to answer Zack's and Hellikonia's questions, the oven that I'm using is the owner's oven which is the normal size oven, enough to fit my 16" x 13" baking trays. I got the trays made here in Kachere about 3 years ago and it's very good. I have 3 which makes my baking easier, especially when it comes to baking cookies...hmmm...speaking of cookies...I think I'll post a few cookie recipes soon.....And the how-to-do question, sorry I've skipped the part because there's nobody to snap the photo while I was doing it yesterday. So, this morning, I snap this from Alex Goh's bread book. Hope it helps!
Hahaha...everyone's asking if I will open a bakery when I go back home eh....that idea never crossed my mind until now....I bake for my own pleasure and satisfaction. But who know's one day...there might be a MAMAFAMI BAKERY in Malaysia huh...it's not wrong to dream....Till then, thank you to all for having the confidence in me....we'll see......You've made my day.....
|Medusa>> Amin amin ya Rabbal Alamin
Zack>>InsyaAllah tak lama lagi dapatlah rumah sendiri tuh!
Mate>>Ini sudah bagusss...kedai belum ada dalam perancangan, dah ada yang offer nak jadi assistant! Petanda baik nih!
Yuddin>>Tak dapatlah mama nak tolong...huhuhu...
Hellikonia >> Tu dah ada dalam gambor...
~~ Bau apa yang sampai ke Besut tu Ezard?
~~ Macam manalah mama nak telefon ke MHI pulak...mama di Malawi, Afrika. Kat sini, TV Malaysia tak dapat tengok. Lagipun, kalau kat Malaysia pagi, kami kat sini tengah malam...mama tengah Zzzzzzzz.......Kak Lizalah yang call MHI tu.....dia kan sifu masakan
Azli firstname.lastname@example.org>>Thanks bro....
Linda >> Sorry to hear oven Linda rosak kerna banjir , nak buat cam no kan...kenalah beli yang baru...
Hanieliza>> Dikau rupanya...huhuhu.....