View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Thursday, 23-Feb-2006 20:20
||Email | Share | Bookmark
When I opened my fotopages this morning, I am so happy to read the private message sent to me by YangMazni. She tried making Apam Salju from the recipe I pasted and it came out nice. Well done YangMazni! And when I browse into TunFarida's blog, just to find another pleasant news. She made Sardine Buns out of the Roshayati Johari's Basic Bread Dough Recipe. Well done as well to TunFarida.. come on...let's give them a big round of applause !
Still, I didn't have the time to experiment any new stuff today. Was busy in the morning, sorting out things and in the afternoon, had to pay a visit to my dentist. I was given antibiotic to get rid of the infection on one of the tooth area that was filled before. And he said, if that doesn't help, then the last choice is to get it removed. Ouchhhh!
So for today, I'll just paste this Chicken Pie recipe that I once made. Got the recipe from one of my cookbooks.
400 g flour (sifted)
pich of salt
7 - 8 tablespoons water (from the fridge)
450g chicken fillet (diced)
100g Cheddar cheese (grated)
1 onion (diced)
1/2 red capsicum (diced)
3 sprig spring onion (chopped)
1 1/2 cup fresh milk
2 eggs (boiled and quartered)
1 egg (for glazing)
2 tablespoon oil
salt and pepper
- Margarine + flour + salt, make into breadcrumbs.
- Add water till soft dough is formed.
- Divide into 2 portions and let it rest for at least 20 minutes
- Heat oil and fry diced chicken fillet till cooked. Leave aside.
- Melt butter and braise onion till soft. Add in flour.
- Add fresh milk, little at a time and stir well. When it's thick, off the fire.
- Put in the cooked chicken, capsicum, spring onion, salt and pepper and grated cheese.
- Roll thin the dough for the base. Put it in the pie dish. Poke with fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 c.
- Put half of the filling onto the baked base. Arrange the eggs and whatever you want to put in eg. boiled carrots, peas or potatos.
- Put the other half of the filling.
- Roll thin the second portion of the dough to cover the filling. Trim the edges and press with a fork to seal. Make small slits on top.
- Decorate as desired with the remaining dough.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 40 - 45 minutes.
Words to inspire you...
Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder ~ Henry David Thoreau
|Steve Troy>> Thanks Steve! That's the only thing that I can shoot that looks quite good maybe huh...
Mate>> Happy birthday to Mate's big sister as well! Laju update sementara ada modal...sok kalau dah tak de modal...senyap je le...huhuhu...
Genny>> Pos? Hmm...baiklah sedekah je kat orang-orang di sini, sebab by the time sampai kat Malaysia, dah tak rupa makanan dah wei....
Ouled Kenitra>> Terjawab sudah persoalanku....
Alynnsaripuddin>> Ala Alynn, janganlah give up sebelum mencuba, try nanti okay
Mademoiselle Ayu>> Eh cam mana Ayu tahu sedap? Mama pun rasa seciput je kek tu..not bad la
Aureanayz>> Ppsstt....buat pau baru-baru ni pun..terpenyek gak! Tapi rasa tetap lembut. Apa ada pada rupa...hahahaha...
YangMazni >> Arigatou gozaimashita !
~ Dalam gambar, nampak cam cantik le kek tu...tapi kalau realitinya...banyak gak yang terpeleot!
~ Coloring pulak, kena adjust sendiri depending pada jenis color yang digunakan. Ada yang perlu guna sikit, ada yang perlu guna lebih. So tu, kenalah experiment sendiri.
~ Yang roti tu pulak....I think sebab uli guna mixer kot. I followed exactly the recipe that I mentioned, tapi memang guna mixer. Ada perbezaan kalau uli dengan tangan sebab mama memang out langsung kalau suruh uli dengan tangan...in short...MALAS! But then, dulu-dulu pun, masa baru baru try buat roti...kalau baling roti tu kat dinding...kalau dinding boleh mengelak, mau dinding tu mengelak takut benjol....hahaha.....
Jeff®i @ FM0666>>
Aureanayz>> ALAMAK...macam mana boleh jadi macam tu? Peram 3 jam tak? Yeast elok tak? Bukan apa, I dah buat 2 kali, alhamdulillah jadi and YangMazni pun buat ok, so I think, the recipe should be alright. Anyway, don't get put off okay, cuba lagi sampai berjaya. I pun banyak yang fail tapi terus juga mencuba...
ezura firstname.lastname@example.org>> Terima kasih ye Dr Ezura kerana sudi mencuba resipi chicken pie ni...