View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Monday, 20-Feb-2006 09:09
||Email | Share | Bookmark
ECLAIRS aka CREAM PUFFS aka CHOUX PASTE
Yesss I got the green light from my Cyber friend Shida Aziz to share this Eclairs recipe with you. Eclairs are also known as Cream Puffs or Choux Paste. Before trying the recipe that Shida gave me, my eclairs didn't puff up nicely and feel like giving up. It's just so sad when you've put a lot of effort into something, and it came out as a failure. Not to mention, all the ingredients that'll be wasted. But when Shida said that this recipe is guranteed, makes me feel like trying and alhamdulillah, it came out nice. Thank you Shida for sharing the recipe with me and thank you to Chef Anuar for creating this lovely and easy recipe.
CREAM PUFF/ECLAIR/CHOUX PASTE
200g flour ~ sifted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Put water, margarine and vanilla essence in a pot on medium heat and leave to boil. Preferably, use
a non stick bowl with wooden spoon.
2. When boiling, add flour bit by bit and stir well till a soft dough is formed. Remove from fire.
3. Place the dough in the mixer bowl and using the flat beater, beat the dough till cool.
4. Add in eggs one at a time and continue beating till a sticky paste is formed.
5. Put the paste into a piping bag and pipe on the greased baking tray.
6. Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 170 C.
7. Leave to cool. Then cut in the middle by the side and pipe the filling. Drizzle with melted cooking
100g instant custard
200g water (boiled and cool)
a bit of whipping cream
1. Mix instant custard with water.
2. Add in whipping cream and mix well.
1. For method number 3, make sure the dough is really cool before adding eggs.
2. To know whether the cream puffs are ready or not : if there's no more bubbles on the puff while in the oven, then it's ready.
3. I didn't use the custard filling. I just used whipping cream for my Eclairs this time.
|ONE. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
TWO. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
THREE. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
FOUR. When you say, "I love you," mean it.
FIVE. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.
SIX. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
SEVEN. Believe in love at first sight.
EIGHT. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
NINE. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
TEN.. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
ELEVEN. Don't judge people by their relatives.
TWELVE. Talk slowly but think quickly.
THIRTEEN. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
FOURTEEN. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
FIFTEEN. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
SIXTEEN. When you lose, don't lose the lesson
SEVENTEEN. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and responsibility for all your actions.
EIGHTEEN. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
NINETEEN. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
TWENTY. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
TWENTY-ONE. Spend some time alone.
Words to inspire you...
It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation ~ Herman Melville
|YangMazni >> Cuba YangMazni, mana tahu nanti kalau menjadi, datanglah semangat nak mencuba pelbagai masakan. Lebih-lebih lagi kalau anak-anak dan suami enjoy masakan kita...tak gitu?
ShidaAziz >> Sabaq Shida...dok tunggu green light Shida la baru boleh post kat sini...
Cenna>> Cantik cik Cenna oi.....well done!
Jeff®i @ FM0666>> Kelakarlah BTW dah pi pekena roti canai mamak ke?
Lin>> Mama hanya whip fresh cream menggunakan balloon whisk sampai gebu. Sebelum itu, kalau cream yang digunakan belum bercampur gula, masukkan gula icing yang telah diayak mengikut kemanisan yang disukai dan tuangkan sedikit esen vanilla/strawberry atau apa apa saja esen yang Lin gemari. Kemudian, on the mixer dan pukul sampai fluffy.