View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Monday, 11-Jun-2007 10:01
||Email | Share | Bookmark
BASIC CHIFFON CAKE (Alex Goh)
EMPTY...LONELY....that's exactly how I am feeling at the moment. It is such an awful and dreadful feeling and I wish I don't have to go through all these. It is not our choice but we are left with no options. Yesterday, we sent our kids, our darlings Fatin and Syahmi to a boarding school (will not be revealed) with a very very very heavy heart. Yes guys (friends who really know me) I sent my kids to a boarding school....It is totally not like me at all huh...I know, but we had to! It's all for their own good as we are not sure what awaits us in the future and we just want them to settle down at least in their education. I just hope that I'll be strong enough to face this............
Since there are so many things to bring and our Kembara is not spacious enough to carry the load, we had to ask my sister and my brother-in-law's help to send the kids. Thank you very much Pak Chu and Mak Chu for coming to our rescue. When they came, I just served them fried rice noodles (bihun), puffs...forgotten to snap the photo as the mind and the heart wasn't at ease and this chiffon cake. I made Blueberry flavoured Chiffon Cake. Took the recipe from Mr Alex Goh's book. It is the Basic Chiffon Cake recipe but I just added the blueberry emulco that I bought from Bagus the other day. If only I have purple coloring, the chiffon will surely look much better. Taste wise, Mak Chu said it's nice and slightly moist.Thank you Mr Alex Goh for the lovely and easy to do recipe. So far, his books especially the bread book, has never fail me. Thank you so much for giving me more confidence in baking.....
BASIC FLAVOUR CHIFFON CAKE
4 egg yolks
115 ml water
85 ml vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
100 g sugar
150 g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
I added a bit of Blueberry Emulco
4 egg whites
90 g sugar
1/8 teaspoon cream of Tartar
1. Pour egg yolks, sugar and vegetable oil into the mixing bowl.
2. Add the remaining ingredients in (A) into the bowl.
3. Mix (A) evenly till smooth. Set aside.
4. Whisk the egg whites in (B) till soft peaks appear. Add sugar and cream of tartar and continue to whip till stiff.
5. Mix (A) and (B) till well combined. Bake at 175 C for 40 minutes. Immediately invert it after removal from oven. Leave to cool. When cake is cold, remove from mould.
|KEK CHIFFON PERASA ASAS
4 kuning telur
115 ml air
85 ml minyak sayuran
1/4 sudu teh garam
100 g gula
150 g tepung
1 sudu teh serbuk penaik
Mama tambahkan sedikit Blueberry Emulco
4 putih telur
90 g gula
1/8 sudu teh cream of Tartar
Kaedah penyediaan :
1. Tuang kuning telur, gula dan minyak sayuran ke dalam mangkuk pengadun.
2. Tambah baki bahan-bahan ramuan di (A) ke dalam mangkuk.
3. Adun (A) sehingga tida berbintil-bintil. Ketepikan sebentar.
4. Pukul putih telur di (B) sehingga lembut dan kembang. Tambah gula dan krim tartar. Terus memukul hingga pekat.
5. Adun (A) dan (B) sehingga sebati. Bakar pada suhu 175 C selama 40 minit. Segera balikkan bila dikeluarkan daripada ketuhar. Biarkan ia sejuk. Bila kek sudah sejuk, keluarkannya daripada acuan.
|1. Mummy hamim2>> Kusssmangat sampai 8 kali? Buat kenduri ke? Mama buat pun sekali tu je. InsyaAllah guna tepung gandum pun orait je....Mama hempuk tepung kek tu je...
2. ibu nabilah n nadiah>> Masa keluar dari oven, loyang berisi kek itu mesti terus ditelangkupkan dan dibiarkan begitu hinggalah sejuk. Kalau tak ditelangkupkan, kek akan turun.
3. ajasan>> Tak pasti pulak kenapa kek tu boleh terkeluar sekali. Mama tak lining tin kek chiffon tu...
4. Fatima>> Emulco is for flavour. You can substitue it with Sunquick.
5. Fatima>> I can't give you a sure answer about the pan as I haven't tried baking chiffon cakes using the normal round baking pan. The depth of the chiffon cake pan that I used is 3 inches.
6. Hanie>> Waalaikumussalam Hanie. Mama tak berani cakap pasal bake chiffon in a normal tin sebab ma tak pernah cuba. Ma rasa, reason being why tube pan is required when baking chiffons sebab kek ni very very light. Lepas bake kena telangkupkan.