View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Friday, 1-Jun-2007 22:22
||Email | Share | Bookmark
Yesterday, I went to my Mexican Bun entry to check on the recipe. While I was there, I just felt like reading my entry....and to be honest, I enjoyed reading my own entry...hok aloh, poyonya! wakakaka...I thought to myself, did I actually write all those things, where on earth did I get all those idea to write!! You know why? Because nowadays, I find it quite hard to come up with things to write, even a simple silly thing! Am I too tired, or am I too old to write now? Being back home isn't easy. Lots of things to take care of and maybe the weather played a small role as well, I guess. 7 years in Malawi, did make a difference. I think the body and the mind is still in the adjusting stage. I hope it will be over soon as I am just too exhausted now.
Ramai yang bertanya, kenapa mama tak bukak ruangan komen....jawapannya = seperti di atas Hmmmm...mestikah mama membuka semula ruangan komen?
At the moment, I am staying in my sort of empty house as the things are still on the way. The house is still waiting for the interior renovation which I don't know when will be ready. We're still waiting for the contractor to give us the sketch. Nothing grand nor fancy, just plain but practical and useful. I am just a simple person unlike my hubby, he has the taste. Hahaha....I would really like to have the kitchen done first. At the moment, all that's done are just the stove and the washing basin. That makes my space to store things kinda limited. But alhamdulillah, still managed to cook simple dishes just for the family.
After a month without an oven, I couldn't take it anymore. Not that we don't have an oven, it's here in the house, still in a box, waiting to be fixed to the cabinet! So I asked my sister if I could borrow her small oven if she's not using, which she hardly use actually. And she brought it in last Sunday which is much to my relief.
So, this week, I made these sausage rolls using my new 'helper' which I love so much, Miss Cornell. Not that my love for Miss Philip has vanished, but she's still on vacation at the moment, so let her enjoy to the fullest! I made 14 pieces of sausage rolls which do not last long!!!! I was so happy to see the kids eating nicely and happier when the bread that I made is as soft as always....alhamdulillah!
And after eyeing on Ida's Coney sauce for quite sometime, I just had to give it a go. And being a Mrs Lazy Bump, I was just TOO lazy to walk to the nearest grocery shop which is just opposite the house to get some hotdog buns. I'd rather bake them! In a way, I got to play with Miss Cornell as well . I followed Mr Alex Goh's recipe for the hotdog bun. Thank you ever so much Mr Alex Goh for the lovely recipe. Please ignore the 'ugliness' of my hotdog bun. I think, it had overproved as mama was busy with something or rather someone else...hang tau siapa hang noooooo.....wakakakaka...! And besides that, I am working with so very limited tools. For example, to flatten the dough, since my rolling pin is still on it's way here, I just used my bare hands...survival strategy or rather...lepas gian strategy!!! Huhuhuhu....
HOT DOG BUNS
400 g bread flour
20 g sugar
6 g salt
1 tablespoon milk powder
2 teaspoons instant yeast
250 ml water
30 g shortening
1. Mix (A) till well blended. Add (B) and knead to form a dough.
2. Add (C) and knead to form a smooth dough.
3. Leave to prove for 45 minutes or till it doubles in size.
4. Divide it into 60g pieces and mould into balls and leave them to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Flatten them, then roll into long shapes and place in a greased pan.
6. Leave to prove for 45 minutes, then brush with water.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 C for 12 - 15 minutes. Leave to cool.
|BAN HOT DOG
400 g tepung roti (Mama guna tepung gandum cap sauh aje)
20 g gula
6 g garam
1 sudu besar susu tepung
2 sudu kecil yis segera
250 ml air suam
30 g lelemak sayuran (Mama gunakan majerin)
Kaedah penyediaan :
1. Adun (A) hingga sebati. Tambah (B) dan uli sehingga menjadi doh.
2. Tambah (C) dan uli doh hingga lembut.
3. Biar ia naik selama 45 minit atau berganda saiznya.
4. Bahagikan kepada bebola seberat 60g. Rehatkan selama 10 minit.
5. Leperkan. Gulung sehingga lurus dan panjang dan susunkan di atas dulang pembakar yang telah digriskan terlebih dahulu.
6. Biarkan doh naik selama 45 minit. Renjiskan dengan air.
7. Bakar di dalam ketuhar yang telah dipanaskan terlebih dahulu pada suhu 190 C selama 12 - 15 minit.
And thanks to Ida, Jeni of Resipi dot Net and Sandra of Allrecipes.com for this Coney Sauce recipe. Hihihi....macam resipi turun temurun lak dah bunyinya!!! Sorry gang....kita copy and paste je eh....penat dah ni a.k.a malas...tahu, tak apa!
1/2 pound ground beef
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup tomato
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp msg
1/2 tsp salt
In a medium skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef for 10-15 minutes, or until well browned. Break up with a fork until fine. Add the water,onion, garlic, tomato sauce,chili powder, msg and salt. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
1/2 paun daging cincang
1/4 cawan air
1/4 cawan bawang ~ dicincang
1 bawang putih ~ cincang
1 cawan tomato *
1/2 sudu kecil serbuk cili
1/2 sudu kecil aji no moto
1/2 sudu kecil garam
Pada mulanya, mama tak perasan pun pasal tomato ni, sehingga mama terbaca komen dari Zakiah di page Ida. Barulah terfikir, tomato buah ke tomato sos. Hihihi....Apa yang mama buat, mama blendkan tomato dan juga mama campurkan sedikit tomato sos.
Kaedah penyediaan :
1. Panaskan sedikit minyak di dalam kuali pada suhu sederhana dan gorengkan daging cincang selama 10 - 15 minit sehingga daging berubah warna. Gunakan garfu untuk meleraikan ketulan daging.
2. Masukkan air, bawang cincang, bawang putih, tomato sos, serbuk cili, aji no moto dan garam.
3. Renihkan selama 10 minit sehingga masak.
Nota : Bila membuat Coney Dogs, sosejnya direbus dulu ya....
Currently listening (over and over again....) to My Heart by Ebi Releksss and Mila Wassup wassupppp.....
Ceritamu ceritaku :
|1. june email@example.com>> Most welcome June...
2. mamafateenz>> Try google kat search, nama masakan tu. I am sure you'll find loads of them, insyaAllah...
3. evelyn>> Most welcome. Why? Don't you like the music? Don't you find it soothing?