View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Wednesday, 28-Feb-2007 10:10
||Email | Share | Bookmark
HOLIDAY AT THE LAKE (MANGOCHI)
GOSH...I woke up late today and I meant really late...goodness me! I guess I was over tired yesterday. Was just up and down in and out of the house the whole day. And when the electricity came, I was like a mad lady....wanting to do everything at one time! manalah tak kantoi! Tidur pun tidur mati!!! Hahaha! Anyway I'm like Bro Jeff who works better under pressure! Wakaka...you're not alone bro! The satisfaction of being able to meet the 'date line' is hard to described! Will enjoy it over a cup of tea or coffee....
For today's entry, let's take a break from food stuff ya. Let me just upload some of the many photos I snapped during our 3 days break at the lake. We stayed at Mr Iqbal & Aunty Julie's cottage again which they had kindly offered to us. Thank you very much to both of you. Their cottage is just next to Imtiaz & Shabana's cottage and we had planned to be there together since it was school holidays for the kids. Actually we spent most of our time at I&S's cottage. We had almost all our meals there. What a lovely way to spend our vacation, lovely company, lovely food and lovely activities...what else can you ask for huh!
We reached the cottage at about 3 pm on Wednesday. Soon after offloading our stuffs into the cottage, my hubby and me went strolling along the beach. We had a good long walk and that, I considered as my excercise for the day. Mind you, walking on the sand was hard and tiring! But the view was simply marvelous! We visited Dolly's cottage even without them there but with their permission of course. What a lovely cottage she has! Envy you Dolls! Her cottage is just a few cottages away from where we stayed.
The following morning, before breakfast, hubby and me went for the morning walk along the air strip. Yup...there's an air strip nearby. What a long and lovely morning excercise I had. The best part is, I can now walk side by side with hubby without having to pant and puff! Before, I just couldn't catch up with his stride! Hmm...I have more stamina now eh! Hahaha...dream on mama....
Then around 10am, we went on Imtiaz's newly bought speed boat. WOW...THAT WAS LOVELY! Even my kids enjoyed the ride very much! We went to Bird's Island. Soon as Imtiaz anchored the boat, one by one started going into the lake for a swim. Me? Still doubtful! Mind you, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SWIM ! But the way these guys were just bragging about how nice the water is and the way they were enjoying themselves in the water....aa aa aa....I can't miss all these fun!!!! So, I went into the water, with a life jacket that is. The water is indeed wonderful! And I think I made the right choice! Even though I don't know how to swim properly, but I am determined to try. Thanks to hubby and the kids who are always with me. When 'swimming' towards the rocks, I can feel the small colorful fishes nibbling at my legs...but I tried not to think about it or otherwise I'll start shrieking and God knows what will happen then!
Later that evening, since the water was quite rough, we had to cancel our plan to go for a ride in the boat to Cape McClear. The kids were dissappointed but for safety sake, we just left it. So they played kites and badminton and the guys tried to fish to no avail...sorry guys..better luck next time!
Anyway, let me go now...and the photos will continue all the talkings for me...by the way, thank you very much to Imtiaz, Shabana, Ayeesha and Maryam for the wonderful time. Hope we'll be able to do it again soon!
|1. mommy_d&d >> Shakali shakali, bagi chanla.....
2. yangmazni>> Beautiful place indeed...and peaceful as well...
3. yangmazni>> Kacau daun? Hmm...tahu...tak pe...wakakaka...acah je! The more the merrier la Maz!
4. Lily email@example.com>> Dah nak dekat ler tu...bukan Air Asia, tapi Air Malawi
5. jeff>> Kalaulah cottage tu kami yang punya, memang seminggu rasanya duduk situ...ni tumpang rumah orang, malu lerrr....
6. marida firstname.lastname@example.org>> Once in a while, untuk melapangkan fikiran, ye dak?
7. nn>> Dak eh, ada runaway. Hujung landasan tu je yang tanah merah. NN tengok ngeri eh...diorang main lintas lintas je kat landasan tu tau, sebab kiri kanan tu perkampungan. Yang baju kuning tu Ayeesha anak Shabana. Dia ikut kitorang tengok kapalterbang landing sebab mama memang suka bebenor tengok kapalterbang landing dan take off. Bukan takat tengok je, kalau naik kapalterbang pun, part yang mama suka, take off and landing!
8. RaqynRafiqin email@example.com>> Waalaikumussalam. Scenery kat sini memang cantik. Natural beauty masih terserlah. Kalau dapat lepak lagi lama kat Birds Island tu lagi best, tapi siaplah sun burnnya! Alangkan dok kejap je, tangan mama ni dah serupa udang kena bakar dah!
9. nic>> Tunggu gi honeymoon aaa
10. Sabrina>> Kalau kat lake tu, lebih kurang gaklah sebab tepi air kan. Tapi kalau kat bandar, cuacanya agak nyaman...best!
11. Ina>> Landing track dia tar, yang tanah tu dah hujung hujung je. Kenkadang komen kat fp ni pun ada kalanya senoneng gak...what I do is, kalau katalah komen panjang-panjang, takut tak lepas, mama ctrl c dulu. Incase bila dah send, tak lepas, kalau still nak komen, boleh just Ctrl V je, ye tak?
12. dR ali firstname.lastname@example.org>> Cuti untuk melapangkan fikiran...chewah....
13. WanZee>> MasyaAllah memang indah ciptaan Illahi...
14. Harleena>> Mama pun bukan selalu sangat gi holiday. Tunggu budak cuti sekolah sebab kesian diorang asyik terperap di rumah je..
15. Imtiaz>> Here comes my brother, the proud owner of AYMA. Thank you for dropping by my page. Had a really superb time with you guys only a bit too short huh. Don't worry brother, when I bake those sweet stuffs, I will remember you.. Mr Sweet Tooth!
16. mummy jam>> Banyak-banyak mende, sea shells yang mummy nak...bersepah kat situ mummy. Kita tak kutip pun...hehehe...Mummy kata cantik kat gambar yang diambil oleh seorang mama yang tak pro langsung, kalau tengok real, laaaaagi breathtakingly beautiful!
17. fizah yusop>> Malawi ni masih kekal dengan keindahan alam yang asli...
18. David Santos email@example.com>> Hello David, thanks for your kind words and thanks for visiting my page ya. Appreciate it very much!
19. Ida>> Siput tu mama tak kutip, budak-budak yang kutip. Mama ambil gambar je...
20. mar firstname.lastname@example.org>> Jom kita gi belajar nak?
21. aunidayini>> Lovely huh?
22. MrsJemain Raihan>> Kenalah plan betul-betul bila semuanya tak busy, barulah dapat gi holiday sesama ye dak...
23. Rinnchan>> Hish...tak terpikir plak Jaws yang gigit...phewww nasib baik!
24. rozzan>> Very true indeed, peaceful and serene...
25. ~ Wanie Sakura ~>> Ye ke RM10 selonggok...wahhh nak gi kutip la cam ni..pas tu mama jual harga diskaun...RM9.50, amacam?
26. fifi fad>> Jom jom...
27. ishzah>> Betul tu Ishzah, seronok...
28. kakmOn>> Ala Kak Mon, sesekali take a break...bagilah chan. Will email you for the book, insyaAllah...
29. ummi aina&dina>> Jom itot jom...
30. zakiah>> Gambar cottage mama dah pernah tepek kat entry dulu.
31. lynnhassan email@example.com>> Mama tak pandai sangat ambil gambar, gitu gitu je..
32. f@21*z@1d>> Kalau reti berenang, lagi best, you'll enjoy the blue water even more!
33. ShidaAziz - Sweet Frosting firstname.lastname@example.org>> Cuti kejap je, cuma jarang depan pc, sibuk dengan kerja rumah...
34. cakcibur>> Kalau tengok life memang laaaaaaaaaaaaaaagi cantik...masyaAllah...
35. nabialishad>> Banyak banyak gambar, sampan jua yang menjadi pojaan hati mu eh?
36. mamazieza>> Kalau mamazieza gi Pulau Jerjak, pergilah sendiri ye, tak yah pelawa kita ok...
37. Shukri Sfawani email@example.com>> Needs a break once in a while
38. ND>> Mangochi is in Malawi, Africa.
39. raime firstname.lastname@example.org>> Thanks for your kind words
40. zana/ros>> Memang tenang fikiran....
42. Ida_Natrah email@example.com>> Memang cantik dan mendamaikan....