View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Wednesday, 17-Jan-2007 22:44
||Email | Share | Bookmark
AD-HOC SWEET SOUR PRAWNS & DADIH (Ida Isk)
Nothing much happened in the morning of yesterday, it was quiet....luckily mama didn't doze off after everybody left! Otherwise, all of them will have to fast even it's not Ramadhan time! But at 2pm, we went to Naseem's house to fulfill a promise I made to her a long time ago...and I mean a looooooooooooooooooooooong time ago! I had promised to show her how to do serviette decoupage on fabric. I had learnt how to do this in a craft class I attended, about 3 years ago. I just love art and crafts, only, time is the main factor why I hardly do them nowadays. We were joined by Dolly and the three of us had a wonderful time together. Thanks to Naseem for having us...
This morning, made for the kids' breakboxes, these....
Had been wanting to have my breakfast ever since everybody left the house. But I kept delaying, until finally, breakfast time was over and even brunch time was over as well! Hahaha....I cooked lunch straight away...and what did I cook? Naseem had phoned me around 10 and I asked her, what did she cook for lunch. She told me she cooked Sweet and Sour Chicken. And she told me how she goes about preparing her sweet and sour chicken. Hmmm....that gives me some idea. People usually say...follow your heart, but mama says follow your tummy! So without further ado, I set to work. And since I don't really have any printed recipe to follow, I just made it up along the way. First step is, to open the refrigerator and dig up whatever can be used.....So this is roughly how I go about doing this....errr...hmmmm.....aaaa....eee...now, what must I call this dish? What about Ad-hoc Sweet Sour Prawns? Hahahaha...and oh, one more thing...when it's my own creation, I must have this phrase to go along with.....Try at your own risk!
AD-HOC SWEET SOUR PRAWNS
Prawns ~ marinate with tumeric powder, paprika, salt and vineger
Garlic ~ crushed
Chillie paste ~ according to how hot you want it to be
Ginger ~ sliced
Tomato ~ diced
Green pepper/capsicum ~ diced
Young corns ~ sliced
Onion ~ cut into rings
Oil for cooking
1. Heat a bit of oil. When the oil is hot, add in the prawns. Fry till the prawns changes color. Remove and set aside.
2. Using the same wok, add a bit of oil if it's not enough. Add in garlic and ginger. Fry till fragrant and add in the chillie paste.
3. Pour in tomato sauce and stir well. Add in sugar and salt to taste.
4. Add in the young corns, followed by green pepper, tomato and onion.
5. Add in water if it's too dry.
6. Ready to serve.
From Syahmi's school, we went straight to Naseem's house. Againnn? Yeah again, but just for a short while as I need to take photo of the apron she made yesterday. And guess what, my darling mixer had been 'discharged ' from the 'hospital'. Ismail had been so kind enough to bring it for me. Thank you so very much for your help Ismail...will trouble you more in future huh! Hahaha....Went together to school with Naseem for the Durban Tour Meeting. It's a meeting by the teachers who are organizing the trip to sort out and finalize the details of the trip. And there'll be a fund raising event soon. Hope to raise around 100,000 kwaca from that event....wish us luck!
Here's another recipe that I've tried a couple of days ago. Got it from our 'Duta Berjaya' and 'Duta Camry' page, Mrs Ida. Thank you Ida for sharing this 'makcik pasar malam's' secret recipe with us...it tasted good but I think, next time round, I might reduce slightly the amount of 'agar-agar' (china grass) used as the Dadih is not so wobbly like Fatin had said. Thanks again and looking forward for more innovative recipes from you....
8 tablespoons milk powder
2 litre water
2 tablespoons (11 g) china grass powder (I just grinded my strip agar-agar into powder)
1 cup sugar
a pinch of salt
flavour or fruit cocktail (I used Nesquick Banana Flavour and Strawberry Flavour)
1. Dilute water and milk powder. Put through a strainer.
2. Put the pot with the milk on medium heat. Add in sugar and a pinch of salt.
3. When milk is hot, add in china grass powder and let it boil. Don't forget to stir once in a while.
4. Once boiled, remove from heat and put through a strainer.
5. Add in flavour and stir well.
6. Pour into small cups and leave to cool, then refrigerate.
The milk powder can also be substituted with coffeemate.
|1. Emma>> Hi Emma...insyaAllah kalau mama tak letih or busy, adalah updates nya. Suka nak share dengan kawan-kawan yang lain, apa yang mama dah experiment. Happy mama dengar yang Emma suka bersantai di sini. Terima kasih banyak-banyak....
2. fifi fad email@example.com>> Ada gak yang sudi nak neman mama yek.....alhamdulillah...
3. rozzan>> Well, the look maybe there, tapi rasa...ntahlah ek...sebab masak sendiri kan, takkan nak cakap sedap banget...hehehe...ala, sekadar lepas lapar, alhamdulillah. Both my dadih recipes yang dah dicuba, both sedap to me and the kids.
4. zakiah>> Saja suka usik Ida tu...mula-mula dia promo mixer buatan Malaysia, and recently dia promo timbang digital jenama Camry, yang mana kedua-duanya itu adalah idaman kalbu kuuuu! Resipi Choc Chip Muffins tu ada di sini.
5. kakmOn>> The plain white apron tu comes with the class, tapi all the decorations job, tampal guna teknik serviette decoupage dan idea as of what to tampal, mama buat sendiri. Then yang alas dulang tu, guna teknik serviette decoupage dan stamping sekali.
6. nic>> Nanti Nic buat ye. Hari tu mama buat setengah resipi dapat dalam 10 bekas kecil tu.
7. hellikonia>> Nasi sweet basil eh...mmm...i think the difference will only be kat bau dia je kan...antara basil dan dill?
8. hanieliza>> Akak kalau buat dadih, mesti buat banyak-banyak sebab anak-anak akak suka makan kan?
9. Nabialishad>> Join kelas? Meh ler! Nak explain, panjang ler! Oh Nabia suka buat cross stitch eh, leh gang baiklah kita ek!
10. RosLeenda>> Resipi dah bagi, tunggu Leen buat je ok... Selamat mendadih ye....
11. sofu>> Ingat ye...try at your own risk... Tak semuanya yang mama ajar tu jadi sodap weiii....lagipun bukan mama ajar, mama cilok and tepek je...hehehe....
12. leezsa firstname.lastname@example.org>> Mama kalau masak, agak-agak method, still ada harapan lagi...tapi kalau baking, belum berani main agak-agak...takut hancus, jadi makanan gagak pulak nanti....
13. zack>> Recipe orang perut tengah lapar tahap dewa masa tu Zack oi...hentam keromo je, main belasah masuk....hahaha....
14. Lily email@example.com>> Mama, jahit menjahit, sorrylah, no kesabaran. Tapi kalau cross-stitch ok sangat...banyak lak sabornya tu! Hehehe....Wah bolehlah ajar kami pulak cara-cara freeze the bread dough. Tak yah bakar sekejap before freezing ke? Coz that's normally how I go about doing it...for the pizza base normally....
15. Sweet Frosting - 4 cuppies lover firstname.lastname@example.org>> Paaaannnndai Shida....
16. jesuisnor>> Hihihi...now how do I answer this one...you wanna pretty apron, kenalah cari or buat sendiri ye...
17. Ina>> Waalaikumussalam Ina. Mama tak sure which shortbread you're talking about. Anyway, email me the recipe, insyaAllah mama cuba tengokkan ye....
18. yumi's pix cafe`>> Lapar nanti makan ye....
19. mar email@example.com>> Jangan tak tahu...apron mama tu pun, simpan dalam almari je, sayang nak guna sebab bila buat serviette decoupage ni, tak boleh sental, nanti habis semua gambar tu koyak.
20. Lily firstname.lastname@example.org >> Terima kasih di atas segala maklumat pasal dough freezing ya Lily...Mama pun kalau ice kek, memang comot habis rupa dia...tapi tak pe...we have to start somewhere right! Hentam je laaa....
21. Ida>> Ala mama ni kan, kalau bab jahit baju ni, memang kurang, eh bukan, memang tak de langsung kesabaran. Tapi suka sangat tengok orang pandai jahit baju. Kadang-kadang berangan pandai jahit baju sendiri! Terima kasih kat Ida la sebab pi ngecek secret recipe makcik pasar malam tu ye. Wahh...dasat tuh, chef hotel pun kalah dek rayuan Ida tu....Cepat ler tepek...
22. IbuAmin>> Mama tak pernah tahu pasal dadih instant ni...kalau ada, tentu lagi senang kan...main cebur je siap.
23. mamahouse>> Mama pun sayang apron tu! Simpan je. Mixer, katanya ok, tapi mama belum cuba...mama biar dia rehat dulu...esok kot...Hubby dah janji, balik Malaysia nanti boleh beli mixer baru, whether this one sihat or not...
24. AWE email@example.com>>
25. umi-kal Nasution Wheldon firstname.lastname@example.org>> Uishhhh sabar auntie, sabar....mana nak cari udang memalam tuh? Hihihi...ni sudah bagus, diet boleh main postpone postpone! Hai lambatlah nanti auntie nak dapat resultnya!
26. sahar+zabar=wani&mimi>> Buat jangan tak buat. Mesti budak-budak suka....
27. Syahmi, Sya, Shah>> Sukanya mama dengar, your Chicken Pie laku. Pandai ibu Syahmi masak ye....leh naik lagi setingkat topi chef tu! Nanti buat ler dadih pulak....mesti Syahmi Jr suka punya....
28. karan>> The taste wasn't bad as well
29. jesuisnor>> Amboi manja betul budak sorang nih!
30. kuchai>> Adei...mana ada udang padprik la...tu udang main cebur cebur punya! Hahaha....Nak dapat dadih pagi-pagi, malam-malam bancuh sendiri simpan dalam fridge...tha dhaaaa pepagi esok, adalah dadihnya!
31. aZeeMaH>> Nanti Azeemah buatlah, boleh mama cilok resipi guna fresh milk pulak....lagi jimat tuuu...
32. Naseem>> Thanks a zillion thanks to you and my twin brother for all the help. Yup, enjoyed the 'class' and the company as well! Next project will be the curry puff session ok...
33. nadia>> Try coffee creamer...