View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Sunday, 31-Dec-2006 17:17
||Email | Share | Bookmark
VANILLA SPONGE CAKE (Shida)
SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDIL ADHA KEPADA SEMUA...
WISHING ALL MY VISITORS A HAPPY EID-UL ADHA...
Haleema had phoned me all the way from South Africa to ask why I didn't update my page for the last three days. Sorry Hale and sorry to all, I was actually busy doing I don't know what! Plus I started feeling backache, so I just want to take it easy and rest my back as much as possible. And like I always said to my friends, whenever I stretch my back on the bed, the eyelid stretches all the same! Hahaha! To add more reasons to my absence, the kids were conquering the computer and the laptop...so there goes all my excuses....
Last Friday afternoon, we had a little get together at Mercy's house to meet up with Haleema. She flew in from Johannesburg for a week holiday in Malawi. Since she will only be in Malawi for a week and everybody wants to meet her, so it's just impossible for her to spend much time with each and everyone of us at our places. The best solution is for all of us, her friends, to meet up at one place. Reason why Mercy's house was chosen is because Haleema haven't been to her new house yet.
A few days before that was Dolly's birthday. I had planned with Mercy about having a small party for her as well. Mercy had said she'll make a chocolate cake. I dare not promise anything at that time because I wasn't so sure whether I'll managed. So I just promised to bring chocolate donuts. But then, alhamdulillah I managed to try out a new recipe of a sponge cake and iced it with fresh cream. Normally on any occassions, the cake making is Naseem's job but since she's away performing her hajj, so we, the unprofessional bakers have to do our best. And for mine, I must say....it is way from best! Hahaha....anway, better something than nothing huh Dolls! We had a lovely time there and thanks to Mercy for hosting the get together.....
Here's the recipe for the sponge cake. Oh gosh...where's my manners....THANK YOU to Shida for this lovely recipe. Thank you.....
120 g caster sugar
120 g flour
4 eggs (Grade B)
10 g super sponge or ovallette
20 g water
20 g corn oil or melted butter (I used sunflower oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Place sugar, flour, eggs, ovallette, water and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl.
2. Beat at high speed till creamy for about 5 minutes or so.
3. Lower the speed and pour in the oil. Mix well.
4. Pour into a 7 1/2" baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 40 - 45 minutes.
6. Once baked, remove from oven and remove the cake from the tin onto a wire rack to cool.
For Chocolate Sponge Cake :
Remove 2 tablespoons flour and replace with 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. And if you want the color to be darker, than use chocolate emulco.
|1. Phalinn>> Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha dan selamat tahun baru 2007 buat Phalinn di Ireland sana. Amin to your duaas and same goes to you too. Moga Phalinn grad dengan cemerlang dan menjadi doktor yang berwibawa. Kalau mama sakit, gi jumpa Dr Phalinn, leh dapat diskaun tak agaknya? Selagi ada hayat dan keupayaan, insyaallah mama akan terus memasak...
2. zack>> Selamat hari Raya Aidil Adha and a Happy New Year to you too....Tu la, masa berlalu dengan pantas..mula-mula jadi tunang orang, then jadi isteri orang..lepas tu jadi mak orang pulak! Hehehe....soon kan Zack?
3. Haleema firstname.lastname@example.org>> Thanks my dear. It was so nice to meet up again, just like the good ol' days!
4. Luv Amy>> Amy wat bebanyak cupcakes tu, saper yang tukang makan eh? Icing tu kalau tak mo lembik, kenalah tambah icing sugar. Tu je la cara yang mama tahu! Eid Mubaraq and a happy new year to you my dear.....
5. aunidayini>> Happy new year to you too my dear!
6. aunidayini>> Indeed you are....yabedabedooo....hehe...nak gek join in the excitement!
7. ~F&Z~>> Same to you too sis
8. mommy_d&d>> Waalaikumussalam mommy...Selamat hari raya aidil Adha dan selamat tahun baru buat Mommy sekeluarga. Amin to your duaas and same goes to you too. Thank you for all the support that had been given to my page which was actually created mainly to share the little that I know. May Allah bless us all....
9. mummy jam>> Selamat Tahun Baru buat mummy sekeluarga jua...
10. jesuisnor>> Bonjour Nor. Thanks for dropping by. If you meant the 'pearls' on the cake that Mercy had baked for Dolly, well, that's not actually pearl my dear. It's sugar deco. We get it from the supermarket. Happy Belated Eidul Adha and Happy New Year to you too Nor...au revoir..
11. dolly email@example.com>> My pleasure my dear!
12. sahar+zabar=wani&mimi firstname.lastname@example.org>> Selamat Tahun Baru 2007 jua buat Zabar sekeluarga. Moga kita semua di dalam peliharaan Allah sepanjang masa walau di mana kita berada.
13. Sabrina>> Thanks Sab. Sab dah sihat ke belum? Banyakkan berehat. Yela, kesian memanglah kesian, tapi nak buat macam mana kan? Bukan kita yang mintak nak sakit....take care ye Sab...
14. kuchai>> Kuchai ni kan, very creative na hang punya mind. Ada je nak buat lawak na! Mama tak pernah terfikir pun macam tu tau! Sabaq ja la! Ala kuchai, mama tak pandai sangat buat kek la Kuchai...nanti mama order kat Kak Yong suruh buat eh....
15. fawn>> Ovallette is cake stabiliser. Information can be found here. Not too sure about the substitute but if you have to make do without it, just make sure you beat the egg white to really stiff.
16. aziza>> Salaams Aziza....nice to have you here all the way from Kuwait. Thank you for dropping by. Appreciate it very much.
17. Yatie email@example.com>> You're most welcome.
18. nurulainada firstname.lastname@example.org>> Masa mama buat kek ni dulu, mama gunakan tepung kek.
19. Mariam Ismail>> Salaam Mariam. I am based in Malaysia now. Before, I was in Malawi Africa for 7 years. Ovallette is cake stabiliser. Ovalette photo can be viewed at my cooking information entry. All the best in your studies.