View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Friday, 22-Dec-2006 15:15
||Email | Share | Bookmark
A few days back, in the morning, I had asked hubby, shall I fry noodles or rice for breakfast? He said, enough with all the frying mama...let's just have biscuits dip in nescafe! That sounds good to me because I don't have to do anything, just boil water basically! But then, that morning, I wasn't feeling lazy and I feel like trying something new...so while he was busy on the phone, I quickly flip through this book that I've borrowed from Dolly and decided to give this scone recipe a go. At first, I wasn't really confident with one of the method which says to pour the WHOLE amount of liquid into the flour. That's because, to me, when dealing with flour and liquid, I normally pour the liquid a little at a time, especially when preparing bread doughs. I can still remember the very first time I tried baking bread and that was when I was about 16 years old. I didn't ask my mom as how must I go about preparing the dough, so I poured the whole amount of liquid...hahaha...clever me! The dough was so sticky and I had to add more and more flour. Ended up, the dough didn't rise at all! Hahaha...
But then I thought to myself, well, this is not bread, this is scone making...so maybe the method is like that. So I followed exactly what the recipe said and guys, it was such a pleasure handling the dough! To me, when it is a pleasure at the very first few steps of the making, that means, the outcome will be lovely. So it is! The scones turned out lovely and hubby enjoyed his fresh from the oven scones very much. As for me, of course I'll be very happy because my first attempt in scone making turned out to be a success! Thanks Dolly for lending me your book and I think it's a very good book because......this morning, I had tried another recipe from there, and it was lovely as well! What did you do this morning mama? Aha....that will have to wait till I come back...at least I have something in 'stock' to share when I come back....
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 12 minutes
Cookery rating : Easy!
2 cups self-raising flour
pinch of salt
30 g butter ~ cut into small pieces (I used margarine)
1/2 cup fresh milk
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven to very hot (220 C) (I preheated mine at 180 C)
2. Sift flour and salt together into a large bowl. Add butter and rub in lightly using fingertips.
3. Combine milk and water.
4. Make a well in the centre of the flour. Pour in liquid all at once, reserving about a teaspoon for glazing. Mix quickly to a soft dough.
5. Turn onto a floured board (use self-raising flour). Knead lightly. Press or roll out to form a round about 2 cm thick.
6. Cut using a floured plain round cutter or cut into triangles using a floured knife. Place on a greased oven tray and glaze with milk.
7. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until scones sound hollow when tapped.
8. Cool on wire rack. Serve with jam and cream.
Salt is optional. However, it does enhance the flavour of the scones.
|1. za+za>> Raising scone pun sodappp eh Za?
2. Yani Cologne>> Alamak...ya ampunnnns baby darling.....nanti suruh mummy buat ye..senang sangat nak buat...
3. aunidayini>> Your message : Thank you too my dear! Macam mana exam? All the best!
4. afzan>> Mama ni tak pandai sangat bab menggayakan makananlah Afzan. Lagipun, masa tu perut dah lapar! Hehehe....
5. KNizam>> Mesti KNizam makan banyak scones ni, maklumlah kat tempat sejuk, mestilah lapar kan?
6. zack>> Yes it's true, buat scones ni senang ya amat. Tu sebab leh buat untuk breakfast hari tu...fresh from the oven!
7. hellikonia>> Sabor sabor....sok balik rumah, balas ler dendam kesumat tu yek...jangan sampai berasap oven tu dikerjakan udahlah ye....
8. Julia>> Buat secepat mungkin....senang je....
9. rossya>> Roti bantut kak? Hihihi...klakornya bunyi!
10. fiza>> Tu la, hari tu mama pasang gear 5! Hehehe!
11. lance email@example.com>> You sure knows how to enjoy your scones ey?
12. mamahouse>> Eh naper kat rumah PIL susah nak buat? Masa tu la leh tunjuk talent...mesti PIL lagi sayang kat mamma!
13. adirain firstname.lastname@example.org>> Hi Adirain..ha ah...itulah ropa scones. Sedap gak sekali sekala makan scones ni, ganti roti.
14. Sabrina>> Cuba cari kat bakery, rasanya ada kot? Ala Sab, tak susah mana buat scones ni...tapi keberanian mencuba dan keberanian untuk menghadapi kegagalan tu mesti ada dulu dalam diri Sab....then insyaAllah ok. Always remember...SAB BOLEH!
15. mizk>> Berapa lama lagi Mizk kena pantang ni? Tak apalah, pantang sampai baik betul lagi elok. Nanti dah sihat, bolehlah makan macam-macam ye.
16. nic>> Mana aci terasa je...pi buat na!
17. rosleenda email@example.com>> Adik beradik roti gak. Memang sedap bagi yang tak suka manis-manis....amat sesuwaiiii sekali kalau perut tu tengah keroncong! Hehehe....
18. mummy jam>> Betul tu mummy...esh mummy ni...buat kita teringin nak minum kopi O ler!!!!
19. Sal firstname.lastname@example.org>> Betul tu sis, kalau dah reramai kat rumah tu, letak apa pun mesti laku punyalah!
20. Tina>> Buku punya rating and my rating as well. InsyaAllah Tina pun boleh buat juga. Belajar melalui kesilapan dan jangan mudah mengaku kalah, insyaAllah pasti berjaya suatu hari nanti....amin....
21. mommy_d&d>> Mommy nanti try buat scones lagi ye. Sementara tak ada round cutter, mommy guna je tutup botol pun kira halal gak!
22. WanZee>> Nanti buat sendiri pulak ye...leh makan homemade scones pulak!
23. mar email@example.com>> Esh...don't make me wish for scones cicah kopi plak eh....enjin belum panas lagi ni!
24. MAWI>> Thank you thank you.....
25. Luv Amy>> Amboiiii mentang-mentang la dia tengah dalam mood icing mengicing...habis scone pun nak dimakan dengan icing! Hehehe....
26. Steve Troy>> Then you'll have to bake them yourself my friend....
27. aunidayini>> Yippee aunidayini dah merdeka...hehehe...nak gek join in the excitement! InsyaAllah you'll pass with flying colors, don't worry!
28. mimielola>> I hope it'll suit your tastebuds. All the best!
29. Fieza>> Most welcome Fieza. Cuba buat separuh adunan and see whether your mum suka ke tak? But this one is soft and just nice to me. Would love to hear the outcome, if you don't mind.
30. yati>> Thanks my dear. InsyaAllah will keep on posting as long as I have something to 'goreng' in here....
31. Ida firstname.lastname@example.org>> Very the sempoi la Ida...jangan hang balut dengan instant pharata sudahlah ye....wakakakaka..jangan mare, gurau je!
32. Layman>> Maybe Layman punya taste more to western kot...tu sebab nampak menyelerakan...
33. mama Nureen>> Cuba cubalah nanti ye....
34. leezsa email@example.com>> Ya...ya....akan ku tungguuuuuuuuu.......
35. rozeela>> Aisehmen, kasilah chan mama nak ponteng ke dapur!
36. ~F&Z~>> Saja suka adventure...nak try segala bagai especially those easy and simple stuff! Nak gi beli, malas nak gi kedai...baiklah godak sendiri!
37. Ewin firstname.lastname@example.org>> Alamak, typing error....betullah tu, mix milk and water. Thank you for pointing it out ye. Cam mana leh silap ni...
38. shasha email@example.com>> Most welcome Shasha. Sebenarnya mama memang suka try resipi roti dan cakes rather than masakan. There's quite a number of bread recipes kat page mama ni. Just check kat link di sebelah kiri ni ya...Kalau Shasha ada resipi yang sedap-sedap, bolehlah pass kat mama, so that I can try as well....
39. Siti firstname.lastname@example.org >> Wslm dear Siti. Thanks for trying this recipe dan mengalter untuk menambahkan keenakannya ye....well done! Tu la, bila dah jadi perantau nih, normally internetlah sumber resipi kita kan...
40. asma' email@example.com>> Cuba buat, insyaAllah jadi. Nanti kalau abang puji, mesti kembang setaman! Ahaksss
41. ida isk firstname.lastname@example.org>> Ala geng, you mana ada time nak buat benda-benda ni sumer. You kan sibuk dengan your classes and your orders...
42. zawiah>> Most welcome Zawiah