View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Thursday, 21-Dec-2006 22:22
||Email | Share | Bookmark
MENU FOR TODAY
Roti Kerca (Kak Noor)
Kuih Bingka (Kuzi)
Mee goreng mamak
It's such a lovely day today, cloudy, cool and finally raining...Maybe not everybody likes this kind of weather, but I do! But I heard, back home in Malaysia, it had been raining throughout the week. And some places like Segamat and part of Malacca was flooded. I felt very sorry for all the victims. This morning, Erna had asked me on my ym, how is my family in Malacca doing? At first I was puzzled as why did she ask me this. She told me that some part of Malacca was hit by the flood. Soon after that, I phoned my mom and got to know that they are all doing fine and wasn't involved in the disaster. Alhamdulillah.......
For breakfast this morning, I tried something new. Hubby waited patiently for me to prepare the menu though his tummy was growling. Sorry my dear....But it all paid off when he really enjoyed the breakfast over a mug of tea....ntah dia lapar sungguh ke, ntah mama masak sedap...wakakaka....Thank you Kak Noor for the nice and easy-to-prepare recipe. We had this with beef curry. Here's the recipe everyone....
500 g flour
a bit of margarine
1. Place all the ingredients in a food blender and blend to a smooth runny texture (similar to pancakes).
2. On the stove. Grease the griddle or flat pan with a bit of margarine. Non-stick pan, preferably.
3. Spoon some batter on to the pan. Tilt the pan to form a thin pancake. Fry at slow fire until the pancake is lightly brown on both sides. 4. Remove from pan and roll like a swiss roll.
5. Slice to a 1 cm size and serve with curry.
Then come lunch....was stuck as what to cook...gosh...hate that feeling! Asked hubby...what to cook bang? Do you know what he said...let's just buy takeaways! I know he doesn't like that much to buy takeaways unless it's really necessary. So I said, let's just fry spegetti. He willingly agreed. So you see, he's just trying to please me with the takeaway thingy....how sweet! This morning, when flipping through my printouts, I came across a noodle recipe by Sis Salwana so I decided to give it a go. I made two versions of fried spegetti, the usual one and this new recipe, just in case it doesn't suit hubby's taste. He's not as adventurous as I am. Thanks sis, for this simple to prepare recipe....here's the recipe people....
MEE GORENG MAMAK
500 g fresh noodles (I used boiled spegetti)
3 medium size tomatoes ~ cut into wedges
2 pieces chicken fillets (I used Ayamas chicken balls and chicken fillets)
3 stalks chinese cabbage
1 green chillie ~ sliced (I used green capsicum)
1 red chillie ~ sliced (I used red capsicum)
1 potato ~ diced and fried
3 tablespoons LINGHAM chillie sauce (very important ingredient) (I just make do with Maggi Chillie Sauce)
1 1/2 tablespoons tomato sauce
Soy sauce to taste
1 egg (I omited this)
3 cloves garlic ~ pounded
2 shallots ~ pounded
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan.
2. Fry the pounded onion and garlic till fragrant.
3. Add meat and stir. Let it cook.
4. Add in all the sauces, tomatoes and fried potato. (I added a bit of water and salt)
5. Add in noodles and stir till well combined.
6. Finally, stir in the chinese cabbage.
Adjust the taste, add in more of the sauces to suit your tastebuds. If you use egg, make a well in the centre, put a little oil, crack the egg. When the egg is half cooked, mix in the noodle.
Hmm...done with lunch....now for tea perhaps? Hehehe...Mama is just in the mood of trying today ey? Actually I wanted to bake this soon as I finished preparing breakfast but I just don't have the heart to let hubby wait any longer. So I postponed it till later. When I saw the recipe in Kuzi's fotopage, I just feel like I have to try it as well because, it's so simple to do and I'm sure the taste is nice as well. Indeed I am right. So thanks a bunch Kuzi and Yaty DC for the recipe......
Source : Yaty DC
1/2 cup pandan juice
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
3/4 - 1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
green food coloring
roasted sesame seed
1. Place all the above ingredients except roasted sesame seed in a blender and turn on the blender.
2. Once done, pour the mixture through a sieve and into the baking tray.
3. Sprinkle with the roasted sesame seed.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 360 F/180 C for 1/2 to 1 hour.
The adjustments I made :
1. I didn't use pandan juice. Instead, I substitute it with fresh milk + pandan essence.
2. I substitute coconut milk with fresh milk. Why? Because I only have one packet of santan powder left!
3. I made half recipe, and I just used 1 egg.
4. I put in 1 heap cup flour.
5. I added extra heap tablespoonful sugar.
6. Baked for 1/2 hour because I used smaller sized tins.
|Note from Yaty DC :
Adunan asal 11/4 cups gula untuk 6 biji telur.Jadi kemanisannya secukup rasa.
Hmm...why is mama so generous today? 3 recipes in one entry? Ahaaa....that's because, mama will be taking a short break from Saturday. Yup, insyaAllah will be going somewhere again...yippeee.....But if I have some spare time tomorrow, I'll try to update one last entry...but no promises....And like I always said...take care of yourself and each other....have a nice day....
|1. ~F&Z~>> For me, I prefer mihun! Tapi tu la, mihun pun dah tinggal sebungkus je.....
2. yangmazni>> Betul tu Maz. Kira cara ni lagi cepat dan kurang 'berjoget' depan kuali panas...hehehe....taste wise, lebih kurang sama je...
3. seri delima firstname.lastname@example.org>> Tengah ada mood, cenggitulah. Kalau tak de....esh esh esh.....kesiannnnn....
4. chenorms email@example.com>> Emmmmmmmmm......
5. Layman>> What makes you describe me as plumb, jovial, always smiling and mulut becok? It shows eh? Hehehe...actually, you've described me correctly! Hahahaha....Basically it's something like roti jala yang tak payah kirai. Mama tak pernah buat laksam dan rasanya, tak pernah makan laksam pun. Nak kena cuba gak nanti ni...
6. sufei_sarah>> Apa ada pada nama....rasa tu penting..hehe...yes, sedap cicah kuah kari ke, sambal ke...
7. Lily firstname.lastname@example.org>> Ala-ala lempeng plain versi kreatif! Hehehe....Donut suria tu, kalau untuk dibakar, insyaAllah sesuai untuk difreeze, tapi kalau untuk goreng balik, mama tak berapa nak suggest. Kalau goreng, best eaten the same day. Kalau Amy nak buat the doh as pizza base, lepas roll dan naik, bakar sikit je, just to prevent the doh dari turun semula. Let it cool, then freeze. Bila nak guna, thaw kejap, sapu sos dan tabur topping, dah boleh bakar.
8. rossya>> Thanks sis...ha ah, saja jalan-jalan cuci mata! Kalau akak yang goreng spaghetti tu, mesti lagi best!
9. sahar+zabar=wani&mimi email@example.com>> Arigato gonzaimas....hentam je ni, ntah betul ntah tidak! wakakaka...
10. rosleenda firstname.lastname@example.org>> Betul tu Lin, cam lempeng gulung. Memang sedap.
11. leezsa email@example.com>> Nanti Leez cuba eh, senang dan sedap..
12. Fatin>> Most welcome Fatin. Memang senang sangat nak buat. Tapi bila bancuh tu, Fatin rasalah dulu manisnya, cukup ke tak? Hari tu mama tambah gula lagi.
13. Kuzi>> Mama kalau buat roti kirai, guna acuan icing writing nozzle tu, lagi senang! Thanks a lot Kuzi for the bingka recipe. Talam suji tu, mama guna semolina flour. Tak tahu pulak semolina ada haq yang berbiji? Hehehe...Mama pun sebenarnya, baru tahu apa itu semolina, only recently! Kesian kan? Hahaha....
14. kuchai>> Kalau sanggup tunggu satu hari, bolehlah mama jamu Kuchai!
15. Luv Amy>> Hye Amy....Cupcakes amy tu nampak sedap icingnya...mama ni suka makan icing, tapi tak suka bancuh...bih cam no!
16. Ida firstname.lastname@example.org>> Jommm...tapi besok pagi, lepas Subuh, kol 4.30 pagi mesti ada kat sini, boleh? Wakakaka....Wah kalau gi Melaka, jangan lupa makan ikan bakar!
17. Sabrina>> Nanti Sab buat eh roti kerca tu. Senang je. Thanks for the wish. Saja je jenjalan bawak budak-budak ni....
18. mommy_d&d>> Mama dah bagi mommy idea menu this weekend. So kayuh jangan tak kayuh! And I've updated the scones as well...tak yah lagi gi makan kat Tg Jara...selamat duit daddy! Hmm...leh save up belikan mommy beg Coach pulak! Wakakaka.....Thanks for the wish ya....
19. KNizam>> Tu la tu, tapi jangan tak tahu, mama tak pernah makan laksam ni!
20. Za>> Ha ah, lebih kurang ler tu...
21. rozeela>> Mmmmmmmmmmm.....
22. Sal email@example.com>> Thanks sis. Ala, dalam Malawi juga. This time tak de chan ler nak fly out . Don't worry, tak lama mama pergi. Tak rela berpisah lelama dengan dapur ku ini. Wakakaka....sabor je la....Best ni...mama tahu, at least ada seorang yang setia mengacau mama hari hari...idaklah sepi hari hari ku ini...achewa!
23. nic>> Roti kerca tu sedap cicah dengan kuah ler Nic.
24. fiza>> Mama pun suka jadi jiran Fiza sebab Fiza masak semua sedap-sedap...Imah yang cakap!
25. maR>> Mana tahu? Dasatnya Mar punya imagination! hehehe.....
26. hellikonia>> Lebih kuranglah tu....
27. mummy jam>> Ha ah mummy...adik beradik lain pesen je...hehehe...
28. WanZee>> Lebih kurang macam lempeng gak tapi sebab ubah stail, so dapatlah nama glamer.
29. yaty DC firstname.lastname@example.org>> If you ask me, rasanya sedap. Tapi masa membancuh tu, Yaty rasalah kemanisannya ya.
30. yaty DC>> Thanks Yaty for the info, mama tepek kat atas biar senang orang lain refer. But then again, maybe because gula kat sini kurang manis, that's why whatever recipe, mama kena rasa dulu and may have to add more. Sorry ye, bukan pasal pepandai nak tukar resipi orang...hehehe
31. haidawati email@example.com>> I've uploaded quite a bit of recipes in this page...do browse ya...thanks
32. Amy>> When I was in Malawi, I normally substitute coconut milk with fresh milk. I guess it's healthier and the taste is not much different between those two. So let's choose the healthier way, right?!
33. Jenny>> 1 cawan lebih kurang 225g, kalau ml, tak sure pulak....
34. lyana>> Belum try belum tahu....hehehe....
35. rossie firstname.lastname@example.org>> So rajinlah you Rossie. But then, if we want to eat, surely we have to prepare it ourselves, betul tak?