View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Wednesday, 6-Dec-2006 23:23
||Email | Share | Bookmark
CHOCOLATE ICING (Naseem's) & HARUM MANIS (Sis Rossya)
Down...no, no, no...don't get me wrong. It's not me who's feeling down today but the broadband was down the whole day. Don't really know what happened. But I think it has something to do with the rainy season now. Maybe the signal is weak or something, but do hope that everything will be okay soon. As for me, I don't feel down today but more to LAZY. Hahaha...."Mama is lazy? I'll call TV3!", Mak Chu would say. Mak chu is my youngest sister and to hear me saying I'm lazy is just something 'unexpected' (to her, at least). It's not that I am not lazy...I am lazy when I want to be, but it so happened, everytime she'd sms me or even call me or ym me, I am constantly doing something! Hahaha....
Anyway, this week is actually my lazy week. I am even too lazy to think! Just look at my entries for the past few days...I simply copy and paste something that I find interesting in my emails to share with you. But then again, I think, reading the informations are much better than reading my don't-know-what stories! Don't you think so? And I am not sure whether people do take time to read my grandmother stories and enjoy them all the same, except, at least one person, Dolly....Thanks Dolly...hahaha...you just can't get enough listening to all my stories live and you still want to read more eh...
But today, I have to snap out of my laziness for a while, as I have to prepare something for Syahmi's class party tomorrow. Syahmi's friends had asked him to bring, what else, but DONUTS. So yes, donut it'll be. And then Syahmi wanted to bring pizza as well because Zahra (Naseem's daughter) is not around to bring pizzas for the class. So, ok...I'll make mini pizza too...And then, mama just can't resist to try something new and decided to add one more goodies to the menu. I baked a chocolate cake, iced it with a new icing recipe then just had the idea to cut them to small pieces and place them in the papercups. What do you think?
I've made the donuts and just pre-fried them and kept aside. Will fry them again tomorrow early morning after Fajr prayers and coat them with chocolate. I've prepared the pizza sauce, so that tomorrow morning, will just have to do the pizza base, assemble them and into the oven they go. And for the cakes, everything is done. Opps...just remembered, I have to do Cheese Sandwich for Fatin to bring to school for her French presentation. I do hope I won't fall asleep again after Fajr like what I've been doing for the past few days...aka my lazy days!
Oki doki...now let me share with you this new icing recipe that I've used to coat the cake. Naseem had given me the recipe. Thank you my dear for the lovely and easy to prepare icing recipe. No hassle at all and you don't even need to use a mixer.
CHOCOLATE ICING (Naseem)
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 can (397g) condensed milk
1. Beat margarine with cocoa powder till well blended.
2. Gradually add the condensed milk and stir till smooth.
3. Ready to use.
There the mixture of sweet and slightly salty taste. If you don't like the salty taste, then maybe you can go for unsalted butter.
Another recipe that I'd like to share today is Harum Manis. I've tried this over the weekend. I got the recipe from Sis Rossya's fotopage. Thanks sis for the easy to do and nice recipe. Hubby enjoyed it very much. The first time I laid eyes on her photos of Harum Manis, what actually caught my attention is the shape of the Harum Manis. She had used a square wiggly mould and I don't have those moulds. I had a similar one but oval and round in shape, but I like the square one as well! Hahaha...Never mind mama, we'll find it when we go home to Malaysia okay...trying to make me feel better! And since mama can't wait that long, I had to make do with the small round plastic moulds that I have. And I've cut the bananas into shapes just to give it a cute look. Ampun cikgu....anak murid pandai-pandai jek tukar design...hehehe...peace cikgu..peace! Here's the recipe if you wish to try....
300 g palm sugar
350 ml water
200 g white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
To be sifted :
350 g flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
50 g butter ~ melted
8 - 9 bananas ~ sliced to small pieces
1. Make syrup from the palm sugar and water till sugar dissolved. Put through a strainer and leave to cool.
2. Beat eggs, vanilla essence and white sugar till fluffy (I used the mixer!).
3. Gradually add in flour, a little at a time. Use a spatula to fold in the flour.
4. Pour in the melted butter and the cooled syrup. Mix well.
5. Grease the moulds with a bit of butter.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared mould, just half-full.
7. Gently place a piece of banana on top.
8. Steam for about 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Allow to cool before removing from the moulds.
1. Was so excited to try, I didn't actually read the recipe properly. So instead of dissolving the palm sugar with water, I mix the white sugar with water. Oopsss!!! Aha...but mama didn't panic...*surprise! surprise!*.
2. So to minimize the 'damage' that had been done, when beating the eggs, I added brown sugar instead of white! Hmmm...but the color is still not convincing...
3. So I added a bit of brown coloring!
|1. rossya>> Cikgu mai dah! Sib baik dia tak bawak rotan Thank you kak for the simple recipe. Hehe...akak baca eh sembang mak nenek kita...tapi bab tenses tu...kita main langgar je..buat-buat paham sudahlah eh....
2. Tyha>> Masa baca komen Tyha, mama pun blur gak? Apa hal pun mempelam dapat nama...then bila baca komen sufei_sarah, barulah paham....
3. sufei_sarah>> Pelam kat Malawi ni lagi best tau...manis...will miss this besides others, when I finally have to leave Malawi nanti....
4. nic>> Sabar.....sabar.....
5. Ida firstname.lastname@example.org>> Jangan tak tahu, sushi mama tu kan, versi tipu tipu je...resipi dia mama dah pernah letak kat sini
6. Sweet Frosting 4 cupcake lovers>> Jiwa mama pun sakit gak tengok cupcakes Shida yang lawa lawa tu!
7. Lily email@example.com>> Tifah tertifu ler gamaknya yek! Jangan ingat kat Malawi tak leh makan Sushi
8. Nabialishad>> Masa tidur, mama rest ler...hehehe....tapi tak tahulah kot mama sleep walking ke, terus ke dapur buat muffin ke? Oh, Nabia pun dah volunteer nak dengar mama punya menceceh eh...haa..layaannnn.....
9. Acik>> Esh, korang ni asyik sebut Secret Recipe je, buat mama bertambah curious la....
10. zakiah zainudin>> Tentu family Zakiah happy Zakiah bawa mereka berjalan-jalan tengok negara Jepun kan? Eee bestnya dia nak balik Malaysia holiday! Nanti sampai Malaysia, kalau makan sayur kangkung, kerang, sotong, ketam dan ikan tenggiri, ingat sama kat mama ye....tolong makankan sekali pun orait!
11. leezsa firstname.lastname@example.org>> Icing tu lebih senang nak spread atas kek. Hehehe....jarang-jarang rajin eh Ada-ada je Leezsa ni!
12. aiDa>> Gempaq sat na! Hehe...well, chocolate slice tu, sedap gak, tapi the texture, masih lagi mama belum dapat seperti mana yang mama impikan...achewa....
13. Sabrina>> I do hope the kids will enjoy whatever I sent them this morning for the party. Sab, resipi sushi tu ada terselit dengan resipi Sup Tulang tu ha...tak pun, Sab click je kat sini. Cara mama buat sushi, memang teramat mudah...main hentam masuk apa yang teringin je...
14. Harni Safarina>> Tak per Harni, mula-mula berangan-angan, nanti lama-lama jadi kenyataan ler....aminnnn...
15. ibuAliffNuqman>> Nama tu, Kak Rossya yang bubuh...mama ikut jek...hmm daripada nak import dari mama yang jauh ni, baik import dari Kak Rossya kat Singapore tu...kalau pos laju, satu hari dah sampai dah...hehehe....
16. mama awatif&adam>> Pandai teka!
17. Julia>> Why not? Tapi icing ni a bit softla..kalau nak pipekan jadi bunga or whatever, macam kurang sesuai. Untuk coating ok....
18. izan email@example.com>> Tu la tu...tapi mama tak tahulah sejarah cam mana leh dapat nama gitu. Itu kenalah kita tanya Kak Rossya.
19. dolly firstname.lastname@example.org>> Yup made sushi because the kids had been asking for them. For your information, my sushi is just a cheating one, not a real sushi I guess. InsyaAllah will send you some to try when I make them next time ya...
20. Sayang Suhana email@example.com>> Hi Suhana...thanks for dropping by my humble page and for your kind words. Will be right here waiting for whatever you have to share with all of us. Nice knowing you...cheers!
21. Sayang Suhana firstname.lastname@example.org>> Thank you my dear...
22. Mademoiselle Ayu>> Why don't you eat sushi? Have you tried it before? You might like it you know...
23. nazorro77 email@example.com>> Kenkadang memang lambat keluar pagenya, lagu dah nak habis baru page keluar.... Geli hati pulak bila nazorro kata lagu kat page mama bunyi macam kucing demam! Banana cake eh? Mama pernah cuba once, tapi tak ambil gambar. Nanti bila mama buat, mama tepek ye....tapi kan..nak kena cari baliklah mana perginya resipi tu!
24. KNizam>> Jom, jom makan angin plaks....
25. Aliza>> Memang bagus usaha KNizam ni....
26. kuchai>> Amin, amin ya rabbul alamin....eh eh, doa kucing mama kat tag tu macam diaminkan oleh Kuchai la...hehehe...
27. stROZze firstname.lastname@example.org>> Maaflah Strozze, mama pun tak tahu asal usul kuih ni. Mama dapat resipinya dari Kak Rossya.
28. Sal email@example.com>> Waalaikumussalam Sal. Ampun ler, mama tak de jampi apa pun Terima kasihlah kerana sudi jengok mama hari hari ye....
29. Myn firstname.lastname@example.org>> Grated cooking chocolate dan grated white chocolate