View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Monday, 4-Dec-2006 00:00
||Email | Share | Bookmark
FRENCH BREAKFAST MUFFINS (Zack)
Why should we read Al-Quran?
An old man lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Quraan .
His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could. One day the grandson asked, "Papa, I try to read the Quraan just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Quraan do?"
The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, "Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water." The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, "You'll have to move a little faster next time," and sent him b! ack to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead.
The old man said, "I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You're just not trying hard enough," and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.
At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house.
The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty.
Out of breath, he said, "See Papa, it's useless!""So you think it is useless?" The old man said, "Look at the basket. "The boy looked! at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out.
"Son, that's what happens when you read the Quraan. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Allah in our lives."
Yesterday afternoon, I was so sleepy! Thought of taking a nap but then really don't feel like it as I tend to get lazy when I wake up. So I did the best therapy. Went dating...with who else but Miss Iron. Managed to finish ALL the clothes in the baskets...yes mind you people...basket with an S at the end. All 4 baskets cleared. Phew...what a relief and a good excercise as well...
And this morning, woke up early and fresh, in a good mood and lotsa energy. Made fried macaroni for breakfast and actually managed to try out a new recipe which was really well enjoyed by hubby. He kept on coming for more before I had the chance to put them on the table. It's either I made it nice or he's STARVING. Bad bad mama...always making people in the house starving...hahahaha....Anyway, I'll save the new experiment for later entries.
For today, I'd like to share with you this recipe that I had made a long time ago, once upon a time! Hahaha.....Got it from Zack's lovely fotopage. Thank you very much Zack for discovering the recipe and share it with all of us. And sorry my dear, I will just re-type your entry ya....thank you. So....“Bon appetit.”...
FRENCH BREAKFAST MUFFINS
190g all-purpose flour
100g white sugar
5 g (2 teaspoons) baking powder
1 g ground nutmeg (I didn't put this because I don't have any)
1 g (1/4 teaspoon) salt
1 g allspice (optional)
1 egg ~ lightly beaten
120 ml fresh milk
75g butter ~ melted
To dip after the muffins are baked
50g white sugar
1 g ground cinnamon
75g butter ~ melted
1. Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the liquid ingredients.
2. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, and DON'T OVERMIX!
3. Pour in muffin cups and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
4. While the muffins are still warm, dip in the mixture of melted butter + cinnamon + sugar, as toppings.
5. Best served WARM! If it's gone cold, you might like to warm it up in the microwave before enjoying it with jam...
|1. Rossya>> Amboi mentang mentang dia dah start cuti eh...bukan main enjoy lagi. Budak-budak ni, this week last week la...pas tu cuti sampai 9th January baru naik semula...
2. mama muhammad>> Tapi tidaklah setiap hari ada experiment baru. Ada kalanya, mama ambil dari archive mama je sebab bila tiba mood nak mencuba tu, boleh cuba sampai 2, 3 resipi baru sekali gus...bila tiba malas tu...aduhai...
3. yangmazni>> Betullah tu....
4. aunidayini>> Something for us to think about....
5. Shah, Sya, Syahmi>> Agak, orang-orang kat Jepun ni sama jek taste bud eh?
6. kakmOn>> Ada ke patut suruh baling seketul dua...benjol nanti KakMon ...kalau kita berjiran, kita hantar elok-elok je sepiring pada KakMon...tak mainlah baling-baling! KakMon nak gambar go to work tu, nak jahit cross stitch ke? Hehehe....
7. Sabrina>> Bijak Sab bijak...bagi penuh tank dulu sebelum masuk FP mama...pandai Sab...
8. sricandid firstname.lastname@example.org>> Selagi tak mencuba, macam mana nak tahu, pandai ke tidak memasaknya tuu....
9. Ida email@example.com>> Yang ini tak masuk dalam list-to-do ke Ida?
10. Ame>> I can imagine how sore that can be. Sorry my dear. Avoid being outdoor as much as possible la ye. Thank you for coming here often. Appreciate it very much. Time to do experiments? Where there's a will, there's a way! Hahaha...mama ni kalau 'kemaruk mencuba' dah sampai, I will make time....
11. Kirana>> Mama pun tak sure kat area Kirana tu, kat mana nak dapat kan barang-barang kek ni...Mama selalu baca kat Forum Cari or info dari kawan-kawan, diorang selalu beli kat Bake With Yen or Bagus. Nanti perlahan-lahan, Kirana carilah ye...relaxlah...jangan rushing, tu yang buat frust bila tak dapat barang tu...Alhamdulillah la kalau benar, I've inspired moms and wifes to cook. Gembira rasanya....
12. Steve Troy>> Yummy yummy....the kitty in the tag is cute eh....can it be your buddies friend then?
13. leezsa firstname.lastname@example.org>> Tu la, asyik makannnn je...rohani pun nak makan jugak...
14. nic>> Mana tahu sedap? Kenalah Nic buat sendiri nanti ye!
15. Lily email@example.com>> Mama buat guna oil cake and delicious choc cake recipe. Very simple to do dan tak penat menggodak sebab tak de butter. My kids and friends love them. Phew...sib baik Lily kata mama jadi tukang buat kek, kalau kata jadi tukang basuh pinggan mangkuk, mama nak cabut lari aaa....
16. kuchai>> Mama naik bullet train, Kuchai naik LRT....
17. nn>> Janji semangat menyimpan dan mengumpul tu dah ada...kira first steplah tu....
18. sufei_sarah>> Layannnnn......Ni lagu favourite mama masa moda moda doluuuu...
19. Nabialishad>> Cecepatlah beli oven tu! Boleh melepaskan gian semahunya nanti....tak mana gemuknya Nabia kalau dok dengan mama...kalau dah metabolisma tu bagus, buat penat mama masak je, Nabia masih maintain slim....wakakaka...jeles la tuuu....
20. mamahouse>> Mamahouse demam ke? Dah jumpa doktor? Jangan ponteng makan ubat ye. Moga cepat sembuh...take care!
21. Yani Cologne>> Yani pun nak pi dating dengan Miss Iron eh...mama selalu buat double date tau...sambil iron, either tengok CD Akademi Fantasia 2 or 3 ataupun, sambil browse internet
22. Mademoiselle Ayu>> Sedap dimakan masa panas tau Ayu....makan dengan jam...peh...
23. elin firstname.lastname@example.org>> Come to think of what I did dulu, rasa kelakar pulak! Hahahaha...memang pun kan Elin, rasa masa tu panjang bebenor plak!
24. nazorro77 email@example.com>> Kalau dah penat, baik jangan cuba, nanti tak de concentration, kalau buat kantoi, buat hangin je...dahlah badan penat, muffin tak jadi...baiklah tunggu dah relax sket baru buat...
25. Syahani>> Muffin yang mana yang tasteless tu? Muffin recipe yang ini ke? Tapi yang ini, tak de pakai honey pun? Hmm...makan ajelah dengan jam atau marmalade over a cup of coffee...insyaAllah sedap tu....